One strategy isn t enough i guess...

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ruthlessimon

offlimit88 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm
i did not read anywhere of traders that need many strategies to do trading as a job.

Maybe that was my fault, but i was pretty sure that one strategy was enough.

So, what traders like Caan and Peter should say, in my opinion, is that once you are profitable, you will probably need 3 or 4 other profitable strategies in order to live with trading.
It's a really interesting point. I think Peter's afraid to admit the complexities, imo - perhaps validly, because it would put people off.

Trading to the standard where it becomes a job - is totally different - to merely having an edge

Yes there are beautiful snippets, but I agree with Liam, we're gonna need 10^300 - or reams of caveats within an overarching method.

IMO: There's easy money; but there's not an easy salary - big difference
Dallas

offlimit88 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm

So, what traders like Caan and Peter should say, in my opinion, is that once you are profitable, you will probably need 3 or 4 other profitable strategies in order to live with trading.
Especially with football
Peter has often mentioned in his video's, blogs and on here how you are always needing to adapt to the market because the market is always evolving even a strategy/edge that makes 10K a month now and for the next 12 mths may suddenly stop next March or diminish down to just a fraction of that.

That's why so many have come and gone over the years, or have diverted onto other income sources as they found something that 'worked' at that time but then failed to develop it any further and look for new ideas in what are ever-evolving markets.
max_usted

offlimit88 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi, sorry for my english. Well i ve studied a lot, created shitty and non profitable strategies and finally i've created a nice and profitable one.
Problem is, that it is not that scalable, i mean.
I could have 100, 150 matches per month where i can apply my strategy to it. With stakes of 100 euro i calculated a net profit of 200, 300 euro... well it does not sucks, but that is not worth the time either.

It would be necessary to raise stakes (and get matched), at least up to 500 euro, and this won't ever happen.

So i wanted to ask, is this a problem for everyoney trading in football?
I think it's more than just a 'scaling-up' issue, it's also psychological. If you just have one niche little technique that you focus on, you make yourself blind to other opportunities that exist in that particular market. You develop a bias towards deploying that strategy, even when the market conditions/game circumstances are not suitable for it. I can't see how it is possible to be successful with just one strategy as it produces an approach which is just too narrow-minded.

Return to “Football trading”