Backing corrects scores.

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
johnkav1000

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster.

I have been experimenting lately on backing the correct score markets, in markets where there is a reasonable favorite (1.6 - 1.9) and goals are expected. No favs below 1.4 anyway. I generally back 2-1 or 3-1 to the fav depending on how many goals i expect in the match. I have been manually trading this for the past few weeks and have been getting quite a bit of success from it. Eg. tonight's game between England and Croatia in the U21. I backed England 2-1 @ 10.5 before kick off, it bounced out to 12 after England scored on 9mins and within 7/8mins it was back down to 8.2, contemplated cashing out and taking profit at that stage but felt relatively conformable to let it go to half time. Croatia equalized on 39 and I cashed out at 5.4.

Obviously that is an example of the trade gone perfectly well but I have maybe gone into 30/40 markets with this method over the past 4 weeks and i am generally in decent profit. Main thing is the losses when gone bad have not been catastrophic, i have 2 bad cases where the fave went 2 up under 25mins and that hurt me for 60% of my stake each time and I have been getting out on the 30min mark if there is no goals, maybe 3 cases of this and been hit for about 15/20% of my stake on those occasions.

I am fairly new to football trading as I usually focus on the horses so I could be well off in the long run with a strategy like this. Has anyone had any success on this method or something similar before?

Return to “Football trading”