Re-Triggering a Stop Loss until Matched

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

If you use a stop loss, you’ll know that a major drawback to them is they can ONLY trigger once, so if a price moves suddenly and goes straight through your stop loss it’ll leave you with an unmatched bet unless the price reverses again for it to be matched.

OK so you can have the stop loss ‘place at’ a few ticks or percent further away than its ‘triggers at’, and that will increase the chance of it being matched but you still only have one shot so if it goes through both then your still left in the same situation waiting/hoping it reverses to come back and get matched, even if matched the first time it may also need another manual green up bet by you to fully spread the loss evenly across all selections especially if you have used a large spread between your trigger at and place at prices.

However, with Bet Angel, by using a servant (which can be downloaded from the bottom of this post) it’s possible to have your stop loss re-trigger as many times as you want and always at the current price until matched.

So even if there was a big price spike whether the odds jumped 10 ticks or 50 ticks the stop would be triggered at the best price and if not matched will continue to re-trigger at the current best price until it is matched.

There are actually two servants to download, one for placing back bets the other lay bets, each will trigger a stop if the price goes against you by more than 5 ticks, and re-trigger two more times every 2 seconds until matched.

Once you have downloaded the servant/s and imported them into your servant manager as shown in the following image

Import.JPG

You just need to assign it to a pre-set shortcut combination, or keyboard shortcut, personally I’d recommend using the later so to do this go into your keyboard shortcut editor by clicking;
Settings > Edit Settings > Behaviour > Create new profile (or if you already have a profile saved you can just add it to that)

Then as I’ve done in the image below select the servant you want to apply to a shortcut key, first I’ve assigned the back bet servant to my ‘B’ key, next I’ll assign the lay bet servant to my ‘L’ key (you can of course use any key/s you want).

Keyboard Short Cut.JPG

It’s now ready for use, all you need to do is point your mouse cursor at the price you want to place the bet at just like you would when placing a regular bet but instead of clicking your mouse to submit the bet you would press either your B or L keys (or whatever short cut keys you assigned the servant to). It will use whatever pre-set stake you currently have on your ladder or one-click screen for that selection, so, it works just like placing a regular bet except your pushing a key rather than clicking your mouse to actually submit the bet - only now you have a stop loss that once triggered will continue to re-trigger until matched and your loss is evenly spread across all selections.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

To change the stop losses number of tick or even change from ticks to percentage, from the Servant manager window click
Rules > Edit Chosen rules > (and select the rules file you want to edit)

Then select the back bet or lay bet rule (depending which file your editing) and click on the Stored Value tab and set the number of ticks/percentages you require as highlighted in the image below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”