Fully Customizable Alerts on your Watch List

There is a reason it's the best Betfair trading software, there is so much it can do!
Dallas

Watchlists are a very useful but often underused feature of Bet Angel, their purpose is to allow you to monitor multiple markets at once showing key pieces of information like current prices, matched volume, P/L’s and in Tennis market live scores, and while taking up very little screen space – I often describe them as a sort of ‘Post-it’ note which you can tuck away in the corner somewhere and should you wish still leave plenty of room for your main ladders and one-click screens.

If this wasn’t already handy enough in version V1.51 of Bet Angel the ability to display ‘Alerts’ was added to the Watch List, these can appear next to a market or selection and display a text message of your choice on a background colour of your choosing.

DS Alert 3.JPG

One of the key advantages of using Alerts (once you have them set up for everything you need) is you no longer even need to keep an eye on your watch list – in fact it doesn’t even need to be on your screen anymore, instead you can minimize it to your windows taskbar giving you your full screen/s to carry on what you’re doing, should an ‘Alert’ go off the watch list window will instantly maximize for you – and if like me you have dozens of markets in it then it can even auto-scroll to the selection or market the alert relates to so you have it right there in your view so you can take immediate action!

What can you be Alerted to

Put simply if you can think of an opportunity or situation within a market that you want to be alerted to then with Bet Angel you can almost certainly create one for it!

To give you a few examples, for horse racing markets you could be alerted if a runner has streamed or drifted during a period of time or want to know if a slug of money has just arrived in a market or on a particular runner, or if the order of favouritism has changed perhaps between the 1st & 2nd fav, or perhaps you want to know if a runner trades at a new hi or lo price.

Of course, with Tennis markets especially during the earlier rounds with lots of matches going on you might want to be alerted when a score line is reached, like a breakpoint, or an actual break of serve has occurred, maybe you want to be alerted if the pre-match fav loses the first set or is now trading at double their starting price or is above/below any price.

In football the obvious alert would be a goal being scored, or maybe you want the scores showing all the time, or you want to be alerted to matches still goalless at half-time, perhaps you’re into late goals so want alerting if the pre-match fav is a goal down with 10 minutes to go.
Those are just the small tip of a very large iceberg of what you can be alerted to with Bet Angel.

Speaking from a personal perspective I trade all the above markets and have several alerts set up for each sport, I’ve even gone a step further and assigned individual audio alerts to them just in case I happen to have nipped away from my desk for a moment I’ll still know from the sound what’s happened somewhere and when I return I’ll see the alert on the relevant selection/market in my Watch list.

Before going any further if you are completely new to using Watch Lists and never created one before please see this thread for full details on how to do it.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11978
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Creating and Adding an Alert

Once you are familiar with creating and using a watch list adding an alert for ANYTHING is very straight forward as you’ll see from the steps below.
For this example, I’ll show the steps required to set up a steamer or drifter alert as in the earlier image.

All alerts are created using the automation rules editor, this lets you take full advantage of all the conditions available to automation rules.
First make sure you have added some markets to guardian and select anyone, this will enable the ‘create new rules file’ link on the main ribbon of Guardian.

Guardian Auto Ribbon.JPG

You will then see the ‘Rules Editor’ window appear, as I go through creating this alert feel free to use your own timings or conditions etc.

On the General tab for the rule type I have selected ‘Alert (Play Sound Alert / Show Message) and armed it to be active from 59mins to 30secs before the start time.
I’ve also set the rule to trigger on ANY selection up to 5 times (I doubt more than 5 runners will steam during the last hour of a race).

General.JPG

Now onto the Parameters tab, this is where all the alert details are configured.

Ticking the top box will allow you to browse for a .WAV sound file from your PC which will then play each time the alert goes off – feel free to add one of these if you wish, for this example I’ll leave it blank.
The second box will also be left blank, this enables another type of alert which ill detail in another thread

The area I’m most interested in is the Watch list Alert area in the bottom half of the window.

Here I can start by inputting the text the alert is to display, this can be any text or value you want to be shown when the alert goes off
Next, I’m able to select if the alert is to appear next to the selection, market header etc and what colour text and background it will be – as its an alert for a steamer I have chosen a light blue background.

You’ll notice I’ve then ticked the two boxes to ‘auto scroll watch list to show alert’ and ‘auto restore minimized watch list - every alert I have created always has both of these ticked, that way I know I’ll never miss an alert.

Finally, I’ve set how I want the alert to appear and whether it’s to stay visible

Parameters.JPG

That’s the alert set up now we just need to tell is what Conditions it’s to trigger under. For this alert I have 2 conditions, the first is obviously that a runner’s price has shortened so for this I’ve used an ‘Historical Relative Odds Condition’ and configured it as below, basically saying if any runner is now 10 or more ticks less than it was 2mins ago then this condition is satisfied.
I’ve also added a ‘fixed odds condition’ to specify the runner’s price must be less than 20.0

Conditions.JPG

So, for my alert to go off it needs to be between 59mins and 30 seconds from the start of the race and a runner must steam 10 or more ticks in 2minutes and be less than 20.0 – if all that happens bingo! The alert will go off.

Last thing to do is click ‘Apply’ then the disc+ icon to save it and give it a name.
If you want to add further alerts to this file, then just click the green plus icon and repeat those steps above entering your new alert details and conditions.

Editor Header.JPG

Or to create a similar rule ie, a drifter alert click the icon with two green arrows to duplicate the whole rule, all we need do then is go onto the parameters tab and change the alert text to ‘drifter’ or whatever you want to use and set the background colour. On the conditions tab it just needs the ‘Historical relative odds condition’ editing so it looks for a price more than 10 ticks higher than it was 2 mins ago.
After doing that click ‘apply’ then the disc icon (not the disc+ icon) to re-save the file.

It is now ready to use and apply to the markets.

Using your Alert rules

After loading the days racing markets into guardian, select the rules file you want to use and click ‘apply to all market’ or select just the ones you do want to add it to.

Applied Rules.JPG

Finally, click on the watch list tab and ensure you have added the markets to a watchlist, if your rule is applied to all markets then the easiest way is to just sync the watch list with the markets in guardian – then click display watch list.
When your watchlist window appears if you can't see an alert column you will need to enable it by clicking the 'Display' tab above the Watchlist and ticking it.

Display Watch List.JPG

You can now close down Guardian and if you want to minimize the Watch list to your taskbar and go about the rest of your trading, if a runner does now drift or steam in any of the races you won’t miss it, as soon as it does your watch list will automatically maximize and auto scroll to the selection and flash the direction of the move next to it.

To then open a market from the Watch list simply click the ladder icon or the small ‘B’ (bet angel) icon next to the market you want to open.

Full Screen WL Alert.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Tips and tricks”