where to find statistics on a player's serve hold percentage?

pdenoeud

Hi all

looks like a key stat in tennis trading is each player's serve hold percentage. I guess this percentage depends on the surface .
I can't find that statistic on the several tennis stats web sites I checked out. Even the tennis insight web site does not seem to display it.
Does anybody know where to find that information?

Thanks for your help!
Dallas

pdenoeud

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 am
Here you go
http://www.tennisabstract.com/cgi-bin/l ... gi?f=s00l1
Thanks Dallas!
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 am
looks like a key stat in tennis trading is each player's serve hold percentage. I guess this percentage depends on the surface .
A question for you and the other tennis boffins from a standpoint of not having done much with tennis....

Does the likelyhood of a hold/break depend more/less/equally on the oppponents break% rather than their own hold% ? What weighting would you apply to the significance of either stat?....ballpark obv.
pdenoeud

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm
A question for you and the other tennis boffins from a standpoint of not having done much with tennis....

Does the likelyhood of a hold/break depend more/less/equally on the oppponents break% rather than their own hold% ? What weighting would you apply to the significance of either stat?....ballpark obv.
Good question :-) I am writing a bot, and I decided to consider the hold percentage of player A to be the average of "hold percentage player A" and "1-break percentage of player B".
But I did not check this hypothesis with stats...
Trading96

pdenoeud wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Good question :-) I am writing a bot, and I decided to consider the hold percentage of player A to be the average of "hold percentage player A" and "1-break percentage of player B".
But I did not check this hypothesis with stats...
weight the servers hold % twice as much as the receivers and that gets you somewhere close on a sample size of 665 (which if you pursue this further you'll realise is nothing.) But gives you an idea. Putting it on the bigger db will make my pc unusable for a few mins.

Used this years WTA Matches with a minimum matches played on surface of 10 in the 6 months before/after the match.

Did points on serve % won rather than hold percentage because of small sample size.

Upload to Betangel Forum.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tennis Trading”