US Open 2018

Dallas

I can't believe how fast this Open seems to have whizzed by, although I am looking forward to the rest as it is what's I've determined will be the end of my summer for some months now :)
JTEDL

Yes gone quick, had a lot on this week so not traded so much as I would liked to, back to it from now for the weekend semis and finals.

NFL starts this weekend (one last night also) so might get a bit more into trading that this season.
Euler

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 pm
I can't believe how fast this Open seems to have whizzed by, although I am looking forward to the rest as it is what's I've determined will be the end of my summer for some months now :)
I'm pretty tired, so looking forward to getting my evenings back and doing something other than trading.
Nero Tulip

Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
I'm pretty tired, so looking forward to getting my evenings back and doing something other than trading.
Has it gone well for you guys ?

I found it tough... traded most matches well (didn't find much margin), but been suffering with some outsized losers in recent months and I had a couple in this tournament which set me back. Looking back through my P/L of recent times is pretty illuminating. Too much opinion, not enough consistent unbiased trading going on, and not enough patience. Found the massive fast liquidity a bit of an issue too, looking forward to some smaller tournaments.
Euler

I'm OK, but I'm quite minor compared to you on Tennis. I'm still in Racing mode till the evening stuff finishes this week. Sort of wish they would push then Tennis back a couple of weeks!
Dallas

Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
Has it gone well for you guys ?

I found it tough... traded most matches well (didn't find much margin), but been suffering with some outsized losers in recent months and I had a couple in this tournament which set me back. Looking back through my P/L of recent times is pretty illuminating. Too much opinion, not enough consistent unbiased trading going on, and not enough patience. Found the massive fast liquidity a bit of an issue too, looking forward to some smaller tournaments.
The first week of this open was better for me (avg per match), I'd have to check but thinking about it I'm sure that's becoming a trend in Grand Slams with me but generally happy with the season so far on a whole
Nero Tulip

Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:52 pm
I'm OK, but I'm quite minor compared to you on Tennis. I'm still in Racing mode till the evening stuff finishes this week. Sort of wish they would push then Tennis back a couple of weeks!
Starting to think I'd like to join you on the horses for trading purposes..! thankfully my pure punting strategy on horses has been productive again this year, but I could do with a break from the constant ups and downs from tennis (mostly self inflicted I should add..).
Nero Tulip

Shame Rafa's knee gave in, he struggled with it v Khatchanov, then the market simply wiped the slate clean with it after he won that one.
Dallas

Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Shame Rafa's knee gave in, he struggled with it v Khatchanov, then the market simply wiped the slate clean with it after he won that one.
Y, I was hoping to see a good tussle between these two
Trading96

Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:24 pm
You think Rafa would be 1.7 fully fit against Del Potro? Not for me.

By the way there's been 13 retirements in the mens and only 1 in the womens
Dallas

Yet another poor start by Williams as shes broken twice in three serves
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

That service hold should help her
Euler

It's curious how Williams has seemed to struggle at recent US Open tournaments. Like the pressure is getting to her.

Probably a turning point here?
Nero Tulip

Market's gone mad for that point penalty.
Nero Tulip

:shock: Naomi's probably thinking, don't rile her up...

Return to “Tennis Trading”