Tennis set markets spread

ashish83

Hi there,
I have been following tennis markets for few months and noticed that the spread between back and lay odds is too wide particularly in Set markets.

Also the lay odds jump to a value where the odds would be if the player loses a point and back odds will shorten to a value where they would be of the player wins next point just when the player is about to serve for next point

Has anyone experienced this as well? And is it normal?

This is my first post on this forum so applogies if you find this irrelevant.
Dallas

Set markets are usually very weak so having big gaps between the prices is normal for them
JTEDL

Yes can be quite jumpy and gappy, if they are correct terminology! Plus you got the in play delay to contend with, unmatched bet and odds flew out 10 ticks and you missed it!
BetScalper

JTEDL wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Yes can be quite jumpy and gappy, if they are correct terminology! Plus you got the in play delay to contend with, unmatched bet and odds flew out 10 ticks and you missed it!
Yes but if your court side trading then.... :)
ashish83

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:24 pm
JTEDL wrote:
That's the point. You can't even do court side trading because the lay and back prices don't reflect true odds. Lay price is higher than what is should be and back price is lower that what it should be. They settle for a short amount of time but than jumps again as the player gets ready to serve. I use to trade a lot on Smarkets before and the price used to be stable. But now Smarkets odds are just same as Betfair odds and they jump a lot and leave a big gap between back and lay odds.
BetScalper

ashish83 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:24 pm
JTEDL wrote:
That's the point. You can't even do court side trading because the lay and back prices don't reflect true odds. Lay price is higher than what is should be and back price is lower that what it should be. They settle for a short amount of time but than jumps again as the player gets ready to serve. I use to trade a lot on Smarkets before and the price used to be stable. But now Smarkets odds are just same as Betfair odds and they jump a lot and leave a big gap between back and lay odds.
Fill the gaps....
Dallas

ashish83 wrote:

I use to trade a lot on Smarkets before and the price used to be stable. But now Smarkets odds are just same as Betfair odds and they jump a lot and leave a big gap between back and lay odds.
Smarkets use market makers and heavily seed their own markets,
So from what you've it sounds like whoever was doing the Set markets has stopped now
ashish83

Dallas wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:06 pm
ashish83 wrote:

I use to trade a lot on Smarkets before and the price used to be stable. But now Smarkets odds are just same as Betfair odds and they jump a lot and leave a big gap between back and lay odds.
Smarkets use market makers and heavily seed their own markets,
So from what you've it sounds like whoever was doing the Set markets has stopped now

Yes that seems to be the case. It provided some good trading opportunities and they must have lost some money :(

Return to “Tennis Trading”