Tonight's boxing

wabash

joshua will not lose his fan base.

he needs a comeback ' ruiz vs fury is better than wilder vs ruiz
Trader Pat

Wilder has already agreed to fight Fury after the Ortiz fight so that would make things even more complicated, plus Eddie Hearn wants the rematch in the UK and Ruiz will make more money fighting AJ in the UK than he could fighting Wilder I think.

For the sake of AJ's reputation I think the rematch should be in the US and not the UK, looks like he's running back to the safety of home, if he wants to repair his image in the eyes of the Americans he needs to fight in the States, better yet have the rematch in Mexico.. imagine the respect he'd get for that? I don't think it matters what he does to Ruiz in the UK, the Americans wont be interested.

I actually feel sorry for Tyson Fury in this whole saga... he could just be better than both Wilder and Joshua!
Naffman

Joshua seems to have an Amir Khan glass chin, one punch and he gets rocked and cant handle it; surely like most rematches the winner will win again
Tuco

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:35 pm
Joshua seems to have an Amir Khan glass chin, one punch and he gets rocked and cant handle it; surely like most rematches the winner will win again
...Ruiz Jr. will certainly fancy his chances again - Joshua is too muscle bound a la Frank Bruno making him an easy target, static and one dimensional. Although fat, Ruiz Jr. was mobile, fast and dynamic and was able to catch Joshua almost at will.
Last edited by Tuco on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naffman

Tuco wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm
Naffman wrote:
...Ruiz Jr. will certainly fancy his chances again - Joshua is too muscle bound a la Frank Bruni making his an easy target, static and one dimensional. Although fat, Ruiz Jr. was mobile, fast and dynamic and was able to catch Joshua almost at will.
I think after that performance a lot of people including myself put AJ behind Wilder and Fury and with the likes of Ortiz, Parker, Whyte etc.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:13 pm
Tuco wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm
Naffman wrote:
...Ruiz Jr. will certainly fancy his chances again - Joshua is too muscle bound a la Frank Bruni making his an easy target, static and one dimensional. Although fat, Ruiz Jr. was mobile, fast and dynamic and was able to catch Joshua almost at will.
I think after that performance a lot of people including myself put AJ behind Wilder and Fury and with the likes of Ortiz, Parker, Whyte etc.
I've said it before I never rated AJ as highly as most.. Eddie Hearn and Sky done a very good job at hyping him up. The heavyweight division is pretty weak and has been for a long time, there are still questions about Wilder's boxing ability and he was very nearly found out by Fury, but having said all that I think there was something else going on. AJ this past week with swollen eyes is very strange, would love to know the story behind that.

I'm not a fan of Fury but his time could come again, and will be interesting to see if Usyk's genuine boxing skills can translate into the heavyweight division. The AJ loss should also make sure we don't have a repeat of the Mayweather - Pacquiao fiasco of just avoiding each other for years (mostly down to Mayweather)
SeaHorseRacing

Styles makes fights.

Not really sure what to make of the fight, but pissed off I got up to watch it and haven’t been back to sleep. Ruined my day.

Still feel that wilder KO seriously pressured AJ to go for an early knock out. No doubt AJ would have steam rolled him if he just took his time last night. The rematch I am unsure AJ will finish the job. I think Ruiz would get a decision against him.

At the moment I’m happy to say that AJ just had a terrible blip.

Does he rematch? If he gets beat in the rematch... he’s finished as potential legend of this era.

Fury’s my fav heavyweight and I still think Joshua beats Wilder (just) and might just get over the line against Fury.

Real banana skin now... I think for AJs sake the best thing to come from it is to go and fight Whyte and Usyk... build his profile back and hope that either Wilder and Fury steam roll the rest...

Interesting times as I feel AJ slightly still the best but Ruiz style isn’t good for him.

He now has no control...

Personally, I’d get back to knocking bums out in the first rounds for a few years and await his chance to get the beltss back. From a risk reward perspective probably his best chance.

Styles are crazy because Wilder will hammer Ruiz, his style will smash right through him, yet wilder will have his face smashed in by AJ.
SeaHorseRacing

Oh and AJ you definitely quit last night mate. Cannot actually believe you did that. Although completely out fought there was every chance if he hung in that right hand could have take Ruiz out at any second. Every time he went into brawl those swings missed by millimetres where as Ruiz was just land 4 or 5 punches a time.
Still felt Joshua if he wasn’t gassed could have done something special if he hang on.
Trader Pat

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:02 pm
Styles makes fights.

Not really sure what to make of the fight, but pissed off I got up to watch it and haven’t been back to sleep. Ruined my day.

Still feel that wilder KO seriously pressured AJ to go for an early knock out. No doubt AJ would have steam rolled him if he just took his time last night. The rematch I am unsure AJ will finish the job. I think Ruiz would get a decision against him.

At the moment I’m happy to say that AJ just had a terrible blip.

Does he rematch? If he gets beat in the rematch... he’s finished as potential legend of this era.

Fury’s my fav heavyweight and I still think Joshua beats Wilder (just) and might just get over the line against Fury.

Real banana skin now... I think for AJs sake the best thing to come from it is to go and fight Whyte and Usyk... build his profile back and hope that either Wilder and Fury steam roll the rest...

Interesting times as I feel AJ slightly still the best but Ruiz style isn’t good for him.

He now has no control...

Personally, I’d get back to knocking bums out in the first rounds for a few years and await his chance to get the bouts back. From a risk reward perspective probably his best chance.
He can't afford to bide his time, last night was all about cracking America and it was a massive failure, the Americans are now more interested in Wilder - Fury 2. AJ will have to get rid of Ruiz in the rematch (The fact Eddie Hearn installed a rematch clause to fight in the UK doesn't show much faith in his fighter) and then make the Wilder fight happen in the States or else the yanks won't care what he does and who he beats. He could beat Wilder in London and they still won't care. There's a danger now that AJ ends up a richer version of David Price.

Wilder now holds all the cards and he can let AJ wait, I can't wait for Usyk to throw his hat in the ring and see who he starts off against.
Naffman

Yeah I was looking forward to Usyk's HW debut against Takam last week but it appears hes out of action with injury till September - I already have him in the top 3 in the HW division and hes not even had a fight yet :lol:
Dallas

Tonight on C5 @ 21:00
Tyson Fury; Rise and Fall

Maybe worth a watch for boxing fans
Naffman

Steady drift on Fury for this one (currently 1.1) - it's a tough fight tbf
Naffman

Great performance!
MemphisFlash

Only trade i did all weekend.
Capture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Wilder v Ortiz 2 at 5am

Return to “Boxing”