Scalping and bet sizes

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
StellaBot

I have ran a few bots over past 4 days in horse racing.
What I cant understand is when backing(higher odds) for £2 and laying for £2.20 (lower odds)the bot seems to place the same amount ie £2.20 on both bets despite the amount of stakes being entered in both the back and lay parameters , therefore the horse has to win to make a profit.
Dallas

Its because your just closing the trade and not greening up, this will help
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11572
StellaBot

Thanks Dallas for explanation. However these bets were in automation. If I chose £2 back and £2.20 lay it would fire in 2x £2.20 bets. Although I noticed some races greened up. I think this was dependant on what times the green up trigger was set between.
Should green up triggers be set for same time as eg lay bet trigger or later pre/during race?
Or should this be done with offset with greening and how many ticks is 20p profit for above examples.
Hope this is not too confusing.
Dallas

The easiest way is with offsetting (though you have to use ticks not monetry) that way you just need a back bet (or lay bet) with offset with greening X ticks
Also tick the fill/kill box so that offsets are only placed after the original bet is matched.

The other way is to just place a back or lay then have a seperate 'green all selections' rule which you can trigger at a preset time or specify it to trigger if £X profit is reached
StellaBot

Dallas is it possible to send you my automation file to check please?
Dallas

It can be sent via PM but you can attach it to this thread, just below the area where you in type there is an 'attach' button
StellaBot

Hi Dallas.Hope this reaches forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

1m scalp - the condtion number of selection is how many selections (runners) there is in the race, setting this to equal 1 means this rule will only trigger if there is only 1 runner.

Back scalp - its armed till 01:45 after start time but there is no condtion to place only if not in play so if the race goes off on time or just after it will still keep trigging in race.
(so ive added the in-play condtion)

Green up - its best to trigger this after bets have stopped other wise as quick as your greening up your adding further bets into the market and will end up just going round in circles often taking a 1 tick loss.

I've set it up how i think you want it with a few conds etc, have a play with this in PRACTICE mode and see if its how you want and if not post back and ill advise the changes to make.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluesky

Although BA might not be the cheapest trading software available, its because of service like this, and the excellent help available from various posters on the forum I use it.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”