I really hope this is the right place to ask this question.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Mr.rabiD

Hello all.
Ok, so i am completely new to this. My question is this. I have been trading on the rases. Scalping.
However, The race never seams to end. Every market I have traded on gets Suspended?

I started of by using the Practice mode. The same thing was happening there. The race was suspended every time. I thought perhaps it was because i am practice mode. I looked online and in the forums about this. Spend about 1 hour trying to get answers. what frightened me was a post i found outlining the fact that if you are using practise mode too much, it can get you banned from Betfair.
Needles to say i decided to do a real trade. I used stakes of 10p. I thought by using the Real mode, it would let the race finish completely. But again, the race was suspended.

Is this normal? I won 1p on my first trade :D and it seams to have gone into betfair. So I am a little confused about this suspended thingy. It is making me worry about placing biger stakes on a trade.

Another question i have and could not find an answer too. How do i change the web browser from opening in Internet Explorer, to open in Chrome? i.e When opening BetAngel TV i want it to open in Chrome as opposed to Internet explorer.
Dallas

Markets get suspended when they finish thats perfectly normal, they will also suspend momentarily as they turn in-play and also if something major happens which could effect the betting, ie if a horse is withdrawn or a goal is scored etc.

Its true Betfair dont like people soley using practice mode but as long as you place a few occassional live bets (plenty of low/no risk ways of doing this) you should nt have any problems.

Bet Angel uses the Microsoft's .NET Framework so the only browser it can support is Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
Mr.rabiD

Dallas wrote:Markets get suspended when they finish thats perfectly normal, they will also suspend momentarily as they turn in-play and also if something major happens which could effect the betting, ie if a horse is withdrawn or a goal is scored etc.

Its true Betfair dont like people soley using practice mode but as long as you place a few occasional live bets (plenty of low/no risk ways of doing this) you should nt have any problems.

Bet Angel uses the Microsoft's .NET Framework so the only browser it can support is Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Thank you so much for this help. I kind of thought that this may be what is going on.
I feel a more comfortable now that you have confirmed it for me.

Thank you again.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”