Motivation from other Trader's blogs and P&Ls.

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Ill get this posted before Liam! Looks like Palavicini won? Good start to the weekend!
regards
Peter

PS All with a simple guardian automation file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Abraquay

I guess my bot needs bit more tweaking then PeterLe :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Haha, you've beaten me there, only totaled £254 across all accounts.

InPlay has been so good the last few months I thought you had turned everything off :lol:
screenshot.png
PeterLe

Abraquay - looks like you are on a lay under 2 strategy..
You could think about how to reuse some of the profit you have on a runner by laying it more than once?
One of the suggestions in the suggestions thread is a net stake condition (and overall position on a single runner)...you could then write a rule that says'if the p&l on that runner is X and the back price is say<1.25, then lay £Y at 1.25 etc...something for the future
Liam, No, ive been active in the markets every day. We just came back from hols and I was thinking about new ideas whilst there.. :D
looking forward to the spring
Regards
Peter

Edit : I was just looking back though the days logfile...
Just a tip for any newbies..

If you look at the screen shot above; I have a green up rule that runs when the back price is below a certain figure. However, if you look at the runners Palavicini and 'dont have it then'...if the green rule had triggered, I would have matched with lay bets at circa 890 and 960 (ie a couple of quid)..Not worth it.

So its worth having a condition in the green rule that says only fire when the LAY odds are below say 2..the difference is enormous..hope that helps someone..
Thebest147

love it peter le,,, I look at all your posts trying to take a few points one word springs to mind
INSPIRING ps feel free to pm me anytime day or night :D
Dublin_Flyer

Watched that Palavicini Run race a few times trying to figure out why Bubblesontherise hit 1.01.

Ok I think I have it. Bubblesontherise silks are grey with a light blue polka dot. Palavicini Run was wearing light blue with grey on it. Not Palavicini Run's usual colour of red and white quarters, which he ran in just 14 days ago and hasn't been sold since to necessitate a change in silks.

So maybe the jockey is wearing the wrong silks? Indeed she is, Ana O'Brien is riding Family Crest in the following race, but riding Palavicini Run wearing those silks too. Possibly an error not spotted by the jockey, or the valet, or the clerk of the scales, or the trainers crew forgetting to bring the right silks.

Although the trainers crew should have had it sorted out seeing as they had 6 runners from their stable in the race! I could be completely wrong in finding something suspect, if anyone has Fridays racing recorded, could you check is there a mention by the voiceover for the wrong colours on the eventual winner before or after the race please?
PeterLe

Thebest147 - Thanks for your comments
DublinFlyer - That was interesting, thanks for checking it out. Ill check out the betfairdata in th next few days too
You get similar situations when it is foggy! I love foggy days ;)
Abraquay

Thanks for your suggestions PeterLe. Gives me something to work on.
Samo154

PeterLe wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:43 pm
Ill get this posted before Liam! Looks like Palavicini won? Good start to the weekend!
regards
Peter

PS All with a simple guardian automation file
Interested to know how many conditions/rules your simple automation has?

Very nice result
PeterLe

Two rules per horse - four conditions..
then i have a green rule and a switch to this market rule too
Euler

Going into the last day of Cheltenham, I've got a shot at a clean sweep on Betdaq

2017-03-16_17-48-57 - Copy.png
iambic_pentameter

Euler wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm
Going into the last day of Cheltenham, I've got a shot at a clean sweep on Betdaq

2017-03-16_17-48-57 - Copy.png
Good work, Euler.

I don't suppose you know of any bookies I can have a bet on you completing the clean sweep do you?
:)
PeterLe

Well Icant beat Peter's result (and no doubt your Betfair account was significantly higher!)
The attached is all automation; I havent clicked a single ladder today
Worth having a play around with the Automation in Betangel, if you are using streaming, test and double test before you let it loose (suggest never backing or laying at the avail price in streaming mode)
Its a powerful piece of kit now betangel :D
LeTiss

Excellent work PeterLe

I'd be interested to know what your average %SR is?

I get the impression you stomach a number of small losses, in order to hammer out a big return when it arrives
Dallas

I'll 2nd Letiss in that's a superb set of result well done mate.

Should maybe rename this thread 'Motivation from other traders blogs and PL' :D

Return to “General discussion”