Bet Angel trial applied me for £299 API?!!

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
handsomevulture

Hi,

I have installed the Bet Angel free trial, however it seemed this was applying me for API. I had no idea what this was & certainly not that there was a £299 fee involved?!

Please can someone confirm if this is what has been done?! I don't expect to be paying £299 for a trial of something!!...

Thanks
John
Euler

Bet Angel has to ask for API access to Betfair, not sure where you get the £299 fee from. I think you have crossed wires somewhere?
handsomevulture

I can only say what the software did... I put my details in and it came up with a message saying "applying your details for first time API access" or something to that effect.
Euler

handsomevulture wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:34 pm
I can only say what the software did... I put my details in and it came up with a message saying "applying your details for first time API access" or something to that effect.
Which is perfectly normal. That is the software asking Betfair for API access. You don't have to pay anything for that.
handsomevulture

So why did it say it was applying my details for first-time access? I ask this because there is a £299 fee involved for new users, even for personal betting, as per column D:

https://developer.betfair.com/get-started/

I don't know if this cost is covered by using the Bet Angel apps, but that's not the way it came across?

Sorry, I do appreciate the help! :-) just paranoid now!
Euler

handsomevulture wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:46 pm
So why did it say it was applying my details for first-time access? I ask this because there is a £299 fee involved for new users, even for personal betting, as per column D:

The £299 fee is for any personal access to the API, not access via an approved app.
handsomevulture

OK I see. Thanks for the clarification :-)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”