Offset Betting with Green Immediately Taking High Odds

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
pivotphone

Hi guys, i'm new to the software and I have just been playing around with the Under 2.5 strategy, however I have come into this problem a few times.

I am about to place £20 at 1.78 but as soon as the back bet is placed it places a lay at 1.81. Giving me both a matched back and a lay however not with the odds I want. When this occurs I don't even get a chance to edit the lay without it taking high odds.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks guys!
welshboy06

You need to set the Fill or Kill option. Otherwise BA will place both back and lay bets into the market at the same time.

If you're happy for your bet to stay there indefinitely then just set the Fill or Kill to 9999. As soon as its matched, it'll place the offset bet.
pivotphone

Thank you very much!
pivotphone

welshboy06 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm
You need to set the Fill or Kill option. Otherwise BA will place both back and lay bets into the market at the same time.

If you're happy for your bet to stay there indefinitely then just set the Fill or Kill to 9999. As soon as its matched, it'll place the offset bet.
Actually sorry this hasn't worked, it gives a delayed backed back which I don't want I just want a delayed lay

Thanks guys!
Dallas

pivotphone wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:46 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Actually sorry this hasn't worked, it gives a delayed backed back which I don't want I just want a delayed lay

Thanks guys!
There is no way to delay opening bets, as soon as you click your mouse they are placed into the market. The advice Welshboy06 gave about using fill/kill is correct if you only want your offset placing after your opening bet is matched

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”