Northern Trust Open 2017

northbound

This tournament will be played at Glen Oaks Golf Club, which hasn't hosted any PGA tournament in recent years. So, no Betfair data from 2015 / 2016 to give us clues.

Being a bit of an unknown, I'm gonna mostly sit down and observe for now.

A small stakes idea could be to back Ryan Moore with a view to DOB him inplay. Odds are around 90.00 at the time of this post.

Ryan Moore is one of SportingLife Ben Coley's tips for a number of reasons and will also be one of the first to tee off, which means that a good start with an empty leaderboard has the potential of making his odds drop quicker, compared to teeing off later in the day when there's maybe already someone else leading at -7.

Just a theory.
Geordie

Always appreciate your thoughts on the golf, northbound :D
northbound

Geordie wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:22 pm
Always appreciate your thoughts on the golf, northbound :D
Thanks Geordie :-)
lyricist65

i've had a decent amount match on rickie at 18.5 and expect it to shorten further as the money comes in today/this evening. Feels like the total matched so far quite low compared to last year, that could well be due to the new course and no clear favourite. Jason day went off at 8.2 last year at the Barclays (1st play off event)

How did last week go Northbound?
northbound

You do have a point, lyricist: this week is a trip into the unknown with this new golf course, so not surprising to see people being cautious.

Last weekend I was an idiot, so paid the price for it. While the Solheim Cup lay-to-back I advised was a good move (even if it didn't succeed), I made some late mistakes on the Wyndham and learned valuable lessons.

How did your weekend go?
lyricist65

i didnt have time to trade over the weekend but had a green screen from trading before the tournament started so happy days

gl this week
northbound

Well done. Good luck to you this weekend!
northbound

northbound wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 am
A small stakes idea could be to back Ryan Moore with a view to DOB him inplay. Odds are around 90.00 at the time of this post.

Ryan Moore is one of SportingLife Ben Coley's tips for a number of reasons and will also be one of the first to tee off, which means that a good start with an empty leaderboard has the potential of making his odds drop quicker, compared to teeing off later in the day when there's maybe already someone else leading at -7.

Just a theory.
Bad theory...

Return to “Trading Golf”