Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
gutuami

also there was a 1.01 loser today
to75ne

gutuami wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm
dramatic finish punch 18:40 Gr1
i think paul townsend must have thought the fence had been dolled off judging by the way he appeared to steer his horse to the right. could have been horridous fortunatley seems all horses and jockeys are ok
Last edited by to75ne on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gutuami

these jockeys are made of steel. very tough job
gutuami

to75ne wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:00 pm
gutuami wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm
dramatic finish punch 18:40 Gr1
i think paul townsend must have fought the fence had been dolled off judging by the way he appeared to steer his horse to the right. could have been horridous fortunatley seems all horses and jockeys are ok
Paul Townend gets 21 days for dangerous riding after an extraordinary finale to the Growise Champion Novice Chase
Derek27

We should have started a new thread for Punchestown. I was disappointed that both Douvan or Min looked to have underperformed but a very well deserved win for Un De Sceaux.

I'm on my travels now and will have to miss most of the festival. :(
to75ne

gutuami wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 pm
Paul Townend gets 21 days for dangerous riding after an extraordinary finale to the Growise Champion Novice Chase
he should be grateful for only a 21 day ban as he could have so easily have badly injured jockeys, himself, horses, or worse. terrible riding.
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:42 pm
I'm on my travels now and will have to miss most of the festival. :(
anywhere nice?
Derek27

Just down to London to attend a funeral tomorrow.

I've been looking at the exchange but it's far too risky to get involved - the train might go under a tunnel. :)
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 pm

I've been looking at the exchange but it's far too risky to get involved - the train might go under a tunnel. :)
my commiserations.

when the funeral is over, i would advise you to get the hell out of london as quick as you can.

speaking as a londoner (not lived there for years) the bastards have ruined it, really fecked it up, beyond repair sadly. the germans did not manage to destroy it during world war 2, but somehow our leaders managed to accomplish what the germans could not. :cry:
Derek27

I spent the first 20 years of my life in London - it's changed beyond recognition. Parts of it for the better, many parts of it have just become a mass of fast food places, and some parts are rapidly becoming a centre for homeless people despite the wealth all around!
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:30 pm
I spent the first 20 years of my life in London - it's changed beyond recognition. Parts of it for the better, many parts of it have just become a mass of fast food places, and some parts are rapidly becoming a centre for homeless people despite the wealth all around!
Londonistan
spreadbetting

Always good to get the lowdown on London from people who don't live there and probably too scared to visit cos the Daily Mail has scared them off :)
to75ne

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 pm
Always good to get the lowdown on London from people who don't live there and probably too scared to visit cos the Daily Mail has scared them off :)
i go back 2 to 3 times a month, i still have elderly relatives whom i visit. i also meet up once a month in the pub i first started drinking in ( which is unusual in that it is still a pub and not converted into flats or a fried chicken shop) with various blokes from the estate i lived on and /or went to school with.

i would be surprised if any of them read the mail, and none of them are scared myself included to visit.
SeaHorseRacing

to75ne wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 pm

my commiserations.

when the funeral is over, i would advise you to get the hell out of london as quick as you can.

speaking as a londoner (not lived there for years) the bastards have ruined it, really fecked it up, beyond repair sadly. the germans did not manage to destroy it during world war 2, but somehow our leaders managed to accomplish what the germans could not. :cry:

I wouldn’t live in London for all the money in the world. So sad to see such a beautiful city become a shit hole. Didn’t move to welsh mountains for no reason. If I didn’t have young children I would be out of the UK. In 25 years time every other town will be like London. When the day comes I will be out of here.
Cards37

I don't mean to hijack the thread but as an Australian this is intriguing to me. Can we discuss more in another thread? Would love to hear why many of you feel this way.
mobius

Condolences of course. But do agree - here's a cheer up suggestion - you can call it "only fools an' orses" and reminisce to your hearts content. It keeps it in context - sort of............................... ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”