Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm
I've just run a query on my markets database and found I'm making a total loss for the 48 Mondays so far this year. No real surprise but it's slightly dampened my enthusiasm for today. :lol:
That's great, you'll plugged a leak and got an extra day off every week. Result !
Classic work smarter not harder.
Derek27

What's even more shocking is that I could have traded just 4 days a week this year and I wouldn't have been much worse off!

Definitely have to consider getting back to the gym in the new year instead of spending every day sitting on my arse. :)
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm
I've just run a query on my markets database and found I'm making a total loss for the 48 Mondays so far this year. No real surprise but it's slightly dampened my enthusiasm for today. :lol:
I do a lot of dobbing. Results have been poor the last couple of weeks but today was particulary bad. I know dobbing is different to trading on the ladder etc but was just about to look back over my records to see if there's a pattern with monday's when I saw your post. In my case it could be the poor quality of racing you often get on mondays.
ANGELS15

Funny enough was just wondering if I should skip dobbing on mondays too!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:48 pm
Definitely have to consider getting back to the gym in the new year instead of spending every day sitting on my arse. :)
:D If you like a sit down the rowing machine is a good to start, especially if find one that's being used and you're the cox.
There's never enough ashtrays in the gym for my liking though, it's political correctness gone mad.
Dallas

I cut out Mondays starting around the end the September through to March, and at this time of year even go down to a 3-4 day week of serious trading on racing and use the early part of the week for other stuff, I'll still keep an eye on the markets during that time but rarely get involved unless there's a good reason
Derek27

I have up-to-date tables of my profit/strike rates for individual meetings but I don't know why I've never thought of examining performance by weekdays. The money I would have saved by taking Mondays off would have paid for my gym membership and a good few beers afterwards.

As a computer programmer, which isn't exactly a boring job, I had a long history of waking up and not feeling like getting out of bed nevermind going to work, and then phoning in sick. These days I never wake up not feeling like trading so it's become a labour of love, and until now I never even questioned if it's worthwhile.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 pm
Thanks for the arbing lesson , Derek, I wasn't aware bookies were happy to continue to accommodate people at 33's when it's 5's on the exchange...
Ladbrokes priced this one up at 15.0 before a single bet was placed on the exchange. Fairly obvious it was overpriced from the way the others were trading.
Presidential Bird, 22-35 Turf Paradise, 03-12-18.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 pm
Back in my day they used to limit your account just for beating SP regardless of whether you were winning or not.
After getting restricted by Coral two days ago, I placed two bets with Ladbrokes tonight (haven't used the account for years and wouldn't have been in profit), both of them lost, and within an hour they've sent me the email restricting my account!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if bookies are sharing information for them to act that quickly!

Monday is definitely not my lucky day. :lol:
RoystonVasey

The fact they’re called Ladbrokes Coral Group plc is a bit of a giveaway imo
Derek27

Thanks RV, that makes sense, the wording of the emails were identical.

It's quite a murky world this bookmaking industry. I was barred from Betfred, opened an account with Totesport and found they already had my details because they're the same company (and always offer the same prices). But they still allowed me to open an account with them and I was betting for a couple of months before they restricted me!
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:32 pm
There's never enough ashtrays in the gym for my liking though, it's political correctness gone mad.
It used to really frustrate me when people I visit would ask me to go outside to smoke, almost to the point where I felt like taking my coat and hat with me. But now that I'm constantly vaping and just have the odd pack of fags every two weeks I've become accustomed to it.

Remember the days when you'd go into a bookie and couldn't see the TV screens because of all the smoke in the air. :)
lukesanges

Took an absolute pasting in the 1:50 :lol:
mambapeter

as a trader do you look at the 13.35 at lingfield and think to yourself forget it wait for next?
https://www.screencast.com/t/UnJPOfAmTZc
Derek27

mambapeter wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:34 pm
as a trader do you look at the 13.35 at lingfield and think to yourself forget it wait for next?
https://www.screencast.com/t/UnJPOfAmTZc
I wouldn't fancy trading that race.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”