live stats feed program (r. ball, opta, sportradar)

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
v.carter

Hi,
I m interested in live stats programms such as the ones that provvide live feed to the bettinng website.
Programs such as running ball, opta, or sportradr for istance.
These programs as you might now they have a very high cost, i won t need to use it much therefore i am not willing to pay for the whole program
I am after someone who can share the cost with me or even better someone who already has it and can share it with me.
footysystems

Just use footballratings they have all the data cheap as chips..
v.carter

thanks but i would seem some of those programs or anyone that give live feed to the betting website
ShaunWhite

v.carter wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:09 pm
thanks but i would seem some of those programs or anyone that give live feed to the betting website
Stats feeds done via api will require a local certificate. This can't be shared. If it could then one person would subscribe and everyone would share.

I do find it disappointing when people assume it's OK to steal by trying to get software or data for free, or by breaching terms. Companies can only provide quality products if people pay the going rate for their abilities and enterprise. I don't know what you do for a job but I assume you expect to be paid, well so do IT people.
v.carter

I am not sure where u got the bit where i want it for free but u should read the post well before accusing people of stealing.
Also i have one of those program on test rightnow and can be shared as long as the company knows all the users
ShaunWhite

v.carter wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:40 pm
I am not sure where u got the bit where i want it for free but u should read the post well before accusing people of stealing.
Also i have one of those program on test rightnow and can be shared as long as the company knows all the users
If there are companies who want just one sub and then you can share it with anyone, then obviously that's completely different. I haven't heard of any that operate that business model and wrongly assumed you wanted something on the cheap.
LostShaman

You might want to take a look at Goal Profits - it's a football trading site that includes a live feed which is very good. Also has all football stats and strategies for trading. It's not cheap at £30/mth+ but the feed itself will certainly help in identifying opportunities.
v.carter

thanks for the advise but i need the same programs that give live feeds to the betting website
BlackHat Betting

I would love to have a way that Bet angel could take real stats and use them accordingly
offlimit88

In my experience, the best one is statisticsports.com.
Anyway, i would like to build a database and study if inplay stats are that useful for trading.
After using it for months i have doubts about it, the variance of football is just way too high
Euler

BlackHat Betting wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm
I would love to have a way that Bet angel could take real stats and use them accordingly
All the negotiations we have engaged in to do this officially have resulted in the data providers wanting more than we generate in subscription revenue.
nivi7

offlimit88 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 am
In my experience, the best one is statisticsports.com.
Anyway, i would like to build a database and study if inplay stats are that useful for trading.
After using it for months i have doubts about it, the variance of football is just way too high

what do you mean?
Kai

offlimit88 wrote:
By the time inplay stats paint an obvious enough picture the opportunity may already be gone, all that stats do is report what has already happened.

offlimit88 wrote:
Unless you are a very good higher frequency trader there's not much you can do about the variance in football, you shouldn't really need months/years of testing to find out what the variance is, you can probably do a rough calculation beforehand to save yourself time.

The trick is not to beat the variance, it's to get used to it, and by doing that you "beat" the variance if that makes sense. But I do understand why everyone keeps trying :)
offlimit88

Kai wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 pm
offlimit88 wrote:
By the time inplay stats paint an obvious enough picture the opportunity may already be gone, all that stats do is report what has already happened.

offlimit88 wrote:
Unless you are a very good higher frequency trader there's not much you can do about the variance in football, you shouldn't really need months/years of testing to find out what the variance is, you can probably do a rough calculation beforehand to save yourself time.

The trick is not to beat the variance, it's to get used to it, and by doing that you "beat" the variance if that makes sense. But I do understand why everyone keeps trying :)
Scalping football as high frequency trading is in my opinion the way to bankruptcy, but maybe someone is making money out there.
I used to study for months early goals and their correlation to inplay stats,. the "momentum" as clever people say. After months i was quite sure i had found something, and then the total opposite results came for a long period, and then the opposite again. I said, fuck off, nice sport ( it was better years ago) but just a roulette. And even if you have an edge and you are sure about it, how will it be, 0,5 %,1,5 %? And how many opportunities?
And what about var, interruptions, markets never got back in play? If you an edge on football, then just bet on pinnacle, that s the way i see it
If it is not easy to make money with sports, i don t see why i have to make things more difficult
Kai

offlimit88 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Scalping football as high frequency trading is in my opinion the way to bankruptcy, but maybe someone is making money out there.
By higher frequency I mean more opportunities/trades on a daily basis, which is not exclusive to trading styles with many entries like scalping. Because obviously if you only jump on a couple of opportunities per day then variance may become an issue.
offlimit88 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:26 pm
I used to study for months early goals and their correlation to inplay stats,. the "momentum" as clever people say. After months i was quite sure i had found something, and then the total opposite results came for a long period, and then the opposite again. I said, fuck off, nice sport ( it was better years ago) but just a roulette. And even if you have an edge and you are sure about it, how will it be, 0,5 %,1,5 %? And how many opportunities?
And what about var, interruptions, markets never got back in play? If you an edge on football, then just bet on pinnacle, that s the way i see it
If it is not easy to make money with sports, i don t see why i have to make things more difficult
Yes, I remember you saying the other day that there's no edge to be had in football, which was quite the statement. You seem quite fed up with football trading in general so not exactly sure why you're planning on building databases etc when you probably won't have the patience for it. Like you say, luckily there are other markets and sports where you can develop an edge, it doesn't have to be football.

Return to “Football trading”