Betfair cash race

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
tomallen123

Who told you that Peter?
I've emailed the vip team at betfair and still waiting on a reply.
I'm a PC payer and this is the first cash race I've not been eligible for.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:44 pm
PC payers are banned from the cash race. Wasn't always the case, but is now.
I'm 20% and I'm not banned
Derek27

Don't know why they even bother with rules & regs, they always have done what they liked.
Euler

tomallen123 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm
Who told you that Peter?
I queried it when I was affected. But who really knows who is and isn't excluded.
spreadbetting

tomallen123 wrote:
Who told you that Peter?
Keep us updated Tom, are you a higher rate PC payer? First one I've been excluded from too.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm
tomallen123 wrote:
Who told you that Peter?
Keep us updated Tom, are you a higher rate PC payer? First one I've been excluded from too.
Have you checked again? I was excluded initially but later that day I was in the race.
spreadbetting

I'm still excluded, Derek.
tomallen123

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm
tomallen123 wrote:
Who told you that Peter?
I'm on higher rate yes.
I'll let you know when I get a reply.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
You're not missing much. As you'll probably know it seems like they set the bar for level 1 according to what you did last month, so unless you're going to change what you do radically then that's all you're missing.

Do people mind saying what their offers have been? My level 1 is £57 for 11,800 points, last time it was £71 for slightly less points. I'm curious to know if the carrots get any bigger or are they always pretty much in the meal-for-2 territory?
Kai

I ignore the promotional stuff so don't hold me to this but afaik the confusing bit is that PC payers in general aren't automatically excluded from the Cash Race regardless of PC levels, they only exclude Premium Accounts that are managed by a dedicated Premium team, which are apparently classed differently than VIP accounts and PC paying accounts. No idea how accurate that is and what the actual thresholds are, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

They really should do a better job at clarifying these things.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:06 pm
Euler wrote:
You're not missing much. As you'll probably know it seems like they set the bar for level 1 according to what you did last month, so unless you're going to change what you do radically then that's all you're missing.

Do people mind saying what their offers have been? My level 1 is £57 for 11,800 points, last time it was £71 for slightly less points. I'm curious to know if the carrots get any bigger or are they always pretty much in the meal-for-2 territory?
Can't remember my points but won £850 on the last one. If you're on 3% or under you can simply churn comms by backing and laying large amounts on football x-markets like the asian 0.5 and win market. It's more sense to pay the charges as commission rather than PC as you can maintain a lower comm rate
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:39 pm
Can't remember my points but won £850 on the last one. If you're on 3% or under you can simply churn comms by backing and laying large amounts on football x-markets like the asian 0.5 and win market. It's more sense to pay the charges as commission rather than PC as you can maintain a lower comm rate
Thanks for that. My comm is about 3.8% I think so I'll get more interested in churning etc as that continues to fall. That said my points decay isn't far from my weekly points gain recently so my discount rate steps have slowed down a lot. These are first world problems that I need to start thinking about now I've (maybe) sneaked my way onto the the bottom rung of the 5%. tbh I'm still putting the bunting out when the bills get paid, but I'm not grumbling.
tomallen123

Have heard back from "VIP support"

Apparently I'm a premium customer now and no longer eligible to enter the cash race.
spreadbetting

No doubt your new VIP status will more than make up for the thousands given away in the Cash Race each year.
tomallen123

I was a "VIP" before (which obviously meant nothing) and now I'm a "Premium customer".

Have emailed asking for a clarification on what that means exactly...

Return to “Betfair exchange”