export BA automation/servant rules to text

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Wolf1877

Bet angel servants and automation files offer some great options. I'd love an option to export the settings into a human readable text file (basically like a program source listing) with stuff like the conditions and stored value assignments in text form so it can be printed out. Is there an option anywhere to do this?

I'm currently painfully documenting some of my scripts by typing this stuff manually into a word document and taking snipping tool screen shots. Main reason for doing this is so I can sit down at my desk and figure out where to apply some new rules or new stored value settings just the same as if I was looking at program source code. The BA rules are accessible in the software but its not so easy to see the big picture and figure out where to apply changes making its very error prone IMO.
Anbell

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm
The BA rules are accessible in the software but its not so easy to see the big picture and figure out where to apply changes making its very error prone IMO.
It's not exactly what you're after but if you go to the Automation folder
C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\Automation

You can right-click the file and open in text editor.

FIND/REPLACE can be your friend when making changes. but be careful!
Wolf1877

Anbell wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:42 am
It's not exactly what you're after but if you go to the Automation folder
C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\Automation

You can right-click the file and open in text editor.

FIND/REPLACE can be your friend when making changes. but be careful!
Thanks for the tip Anbell. As you say not exactly what I'm looking for.
I guess I could try to reverse engineer the ".baf" file structure and then convert the text into psuedo code ..... too much of a balls ache though.
... would be a lot easier for the Bet Angel software developers and then universally available!
MemphisFlash

just change your .baf file extension into a .txt file extension.
Bonnet de douche as they say in the dudoine!!

jasonSUM_2217861b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf1877

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:28 am

jasonSUM_227861b.jpg
"Au contraire" Memphis, just right click on a .baf file in File Explorer and "ouvert avec" Notepad++ "et Robert est ton oncle!"

.....still not human readable logic though.
jimibt

Wolf1877 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:19 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:28 am

jasonSUM_227861b.jpg
"Au contraire" Memphis, just right click on a .baf file in File Explorer and "ouvert avec" Notepad++ "et Robert est ton oncle!"

.....still not human readable logic though.
yup, you need the file format for the .baf and more importantly, the *index* numbers to identify what conditions are being referenced viz a viz the attached values. many a moon ago (before being able to copy rule lines across from one to the other), i developed a little rule copying exe for BA. will see if I had grokked the structure or was just copying sections in memory (can't recall)..

will look tmro.
Wolf1877

jimibt wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
yup, you need the file format for the .baf and more importantly, the *index* numbers to identify what conditions are being referenced viz a viz the attached values. many a moon ago (before being able to copy rule lines across from one to the other), i developed a little rule copying exe for BA. will see if I had grokked the structure or was just copying sections in memory (can't recall)..

will look tmro.
OK cheers for offering mate but dont worry too much.
.baf file functionality has been extended massively over the last few versions - before that I wasnt interested.
Pretty sure I could figure out the file structure if I spent a bit of time on it but dont think it is worth the effort.
I'm going to rationalise and simplify my .baf files as much as possible and then let excel pull the strings via SVs.

Hand documenting my main baf file in Word (rule by rule) has already helped me massively this weekend. I coded some of the stuff months ago and had forgotten exactly what was in it! A quick scan of all the rules with the conditional logic and SV assignments printed on a single sheet of A4 brought it all flooding back more than visually editing a rules file in BA could ever show me. IMO this goes to prove my point that a baf logic rules listing utility would be very useful and probably more useful for those who have loads of baf files than myself where my aim is to maybe have 4 or fewer baf files in total.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”