Close trade with greening profit condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
ringo.simpkins

As an example scenario, Guardian has placed a back bet totalling £10.00. Event is ending and it is going to be red, so the close trade with greening will kick in and minimise loss. I am all good with that, however i have had a couple of occasions where the close trade has exceeded the £10 back bet so ather than loosing £10 i have lost, for example £10.50. I understand why, and if i was manually doing the trade and there was no hope of minimising the loss of £10 i would not try to hedge out for a loose of more than the initial stake.

So, my question is this: I presume if I set the close trade with profit condition to greater than -9.99 then Guardian will only green/red if the trade will loose up to £10.00 and if the close trade is going to be more than £10.00 it does nothing OR does greater than mean -9.99 and lower, ie -10.01 and so on?

Or is there a better condition to use to ensure that the close trade with greening only reds up to the amount of the total stake placed?

Thanks for any advice
Jukebox

If you are willing to lose up to £10 of a back bet of £10 why try to close the the losing trade at all?

If you are finding that you're 'greening' a loss in excess of £10 of a £10 back check:
You might have mistaken 'close trade' for 'close trade with greening' - as using only 'close trade' with a losing back bet can be surprisingly expensive.

If you are closing more than once - make sure that you allow the closing bet a chance to be created before attempting to close again - or you could end up with multiple closing bets - (in-play newbies particularly fall down this hole in the beginning)
Have a look at your log and see if the system is making the bets in the way you expect.

When setting a loss limit of any kind use the LESS THAN(<) and the MINUS(-) and amount so in your example use: <-9.99
remember:
£10 is more than £9.99 but -£10.00 is LESS THAN -£9.99
ringo.simpkins

I fear I must apologise for not thanking you for your help, I just noticed I had not.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”