Obsolete entries in BAF

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
noseve

Hi All - first post on this board.

I'm brand new to BA and sports trading in general. I am editing a BAF in notepad++. Nothing dramatic, simply giving stored values and signals clearer names (eg 'minProfWithoutBackBet80Minutes' can now be called 'redOut80'). Simple find and replace procedures.
All works as expected, however whilst doing so, I have come across at least one redundant block, recognisable by its 'long' name similar to the above example:
"drawBackOddsRequired
True
EVT

NONE
True

True
1"

I am tempted to cut this - Is it safe to do so? Is anybody familiar enough with the structure to be able to give me a definitive answer one way or the other? Using the 'edit rules' dialogues in Guardian I have scoured the relevant set of rules up and down until dizzy, but the drawBackOddsRequired value does not appear anywhere. I remember using the value in a previous incarnation of the current rule which I am editing, but I really don't want it involved now. Presumably automation will be reading the BAF, so this variable could still be having an effect, even if only under a freak set of circumstances?

Below this block is the following:
"True
S

True
S

True
S"
Which while not identifiable as a clear error, give the impression of being orphaned entries, perhaps?

Is this apparent corruption common when copying a complicated set of rules to use as a template? I'd hate to have recreate them from scratch every time making a significant change which I may want to revert later. BA must have taken some coding and it's to be expected that there will be the odd bug - I just hope that this isn't one of them.

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice on this. Thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”