Impossible

The sport of kings.
rubysglory

Hi Jeff. From what I understand, when BF get a bet request they now look at all customer bet requests it could be matched against. Prior they used to just look at opposing bets on the same selection. Now they look at the market percentages across the field. You now are effectively placing a wager against the whole market, not just a single runner, with a view to match (as always) at the best available price. Prior to XM each a runner used to be a market within its own right. With XM , an individual runner is both a singular and expanded market participant. This is possible as Betfair uses an internal account which acts as a counterparty to the bets being XM'd. Hope this helps.

rg
Iron

Ouch, my head hurts! :lol:

I think I get the general principle, although it would be good if Betfair were to produce an 'XM for dummies' video or instruction manual.

The headline of the guide in my link is 'What is the algorithm for displaying prices inline with the website?', which sounds like an A-Level computing essay title! :lol: What's wrong with something nice and simple like, maybe, 'What is cross matching?'

Jeff
rubysglory wrote:You now are effectively placing a wager against the whole market, not just a single runner, with a view to match (as always) at the best available price. Prior to XM each a runner used to be a market within its own right. With XM , an individual runner is both a singular and expanded market participant. This is possible as Betfair uses an internal account which acts as a counterparty to the bets being XM'd. Hope this helps.

rg
rubysglory

Jeff, In general terms, in a perfect balanced market,you could effectively Lay a runner at 25%, and, instead of BF matching that runner with an opposing trader, they could back for you the combined 75% of the rest of the field. Futures, IPO's , Derivatives, XM :lol: . Just another way to skim a margin !

rg

Return to “Trading Horse racing”