Saturday 16th July

The sport of kings.
Euler

Betdaq has really picked up since Betfair went down. Maybe a blip but worth getting some practice in I reckon.
jimrobo

since the markets came back up on betfair its been completely untradeable for me. Think I am going to call it a day
JollyGreen

I had to :lol: when I saw the money piling on the Godolphin horse Pembrey in the 19:10 Haydock. It was a course début, it was wearing a sheepskin noseband which suggests it wasn't straightforward. The sire Teofilio preferred top of the ground Good/Firm and this applied to the Grand Sire Galileo. The going was never Good/Firm and the times confirmed that. They were going through the top and Paul Hanagan reported after his 1st ride "It will probably be softer on the round course" Despite those factors causing doubt punters just hammered it as if Pegasus had come home. Quite simply, why back it without seeing it on the track?

It threw its head up leaving the stalls, missed the break and I think the best position it achieved was 2nd last. I am pretty certain it finished stone last. I dare say the bookmakers were falling about :lol:
Iron

Do you think Goldolphin's reason for running the horse today was to ensure it had a good handicap on its next rance?

Jeff
JollyGreen

Well he has a Derby entry so I doubt they were thinking about a handicap mark. They probably expected a decent run but they would not have started the gamble. It was punters who saw a Godolphin Derby prospect and as one lemming departed the cliff, others followed!
Zenyatta

You are certainly a master of form Jolly. Once you know how to read the form, you're set... the ultimate advantage always resides with the form student. That's the one edge that can never be lost, and why I was always a fan of the form-fundamentals approach.
PeterLe

Nero Tulip wrote:WTF.. running an automated spreadsheet, somehow it's passed its exposure limits by miles on the 15:45 race, I'm having an exceedingly large punt now which I didn't want. Are you saying the APi fucked this ?
NT - Did you have a positive outcome on this afterall?
You have me thinking now re the exposure limits...did it exceed the maximum liability in the staking settings within BA, or was it the liability set within your betfair account??
spreadbetting

The API wasn't returning bet status with a lot of responses being returned "bet in progress". All depends on what exposure he exceeded Peter, if it was his exposure limit on the site he'd have a good case for compensation if he lost on the market. If it was BA or set on his spreadsheet I'm afraid he's no chance.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”