Big Mac

The sport of kings.
JollyGreen

It does seem quite strange to hear Big Mac on ATR when C4 is covering racing. I know I have posted on here that I am not a fan but he does care about racing. Sadly he never knew when to draw the line and his rants knew no bounds. That brought about his demise IMHO.
hgodden

I wish they'd shut up about that bloody bugal on RUK!! Talk about the bloody racing!!!
andyfuller

I like to whistle along to it :lol:
Euler

hgodden wrote:I wish they'd shut up about that bloody bugal on RUK!! Talk about the bloody racing!!!
A least a few people on course may actually watch the race rather than get pished.
Euler

That said, with a few drinks down them they may add some liquidity to the market, so please carry on.
jimrobo

If anyone is really liking it feel free to hire me. I am grade 8 distinction on the trumpet.......might ofset some of the 60% :)
Iron

I think part of the reason for Big Mac's demise is his sexist views. The liberal fascism of political correctness dictates that TV presenters have to be ultra-PC in their beliefs, and Big Mac makes Sid the Sexist look like a new man! :lol:

Jeff
andyfuller

If you want a laugh have a watch of today's Sunday Forum, repeated at 12.30pm in the first 15mins Mac is put well and truly in his place by Jim McGrath though Mac thought at first he was agreeing with him :lol:
JollyGreen

andyfuller wrote:If you want a laugh have a watch of today's Sunday Forum, repeated at 12.30pm in the first 15mins Mac is put well and truly in his place by Jim McGrath though Mac thought at first he was agreeing with him :lol:
Would this be Aussie Jim McGrath aka Mr Magoo, the man who seems to be calling a race on a delayed feed? I'm not sure who is the biggest idiot and in fact I would side with Big Mac over McGrath!
andyfuller

As a commentator I don't like Jim at all, time to be put out to pasture but I think he is actually very good with his views on racing.
mugsgame

Ferru123 wrote:I think part of the reason for Big Mac's demise is his sexist views. The liberal fascism of political correctness dictates that TV presenters have to be ultra-PC in their beliefs, and Big Mac makes Sid the Sexist look like a new man!
Jeff, The reason for his demise is he is an arrogant, self opinionated & clueless guesser.
He has made a living out of being controversial. He is the "go to" face of betting for lazy mainstream tv producers.
I despise him and all he stands for
Iron

mugsgame wrote: Jeff, The reason for his demise is he is an arrogant, self opinionated & clueless guesser.
He has made a living out of being controversial.
But doesn't TV need people like that - colourful characters who people either love or love to hate, rather than bland presenters?

IMHO, TV suffers when broadcasters become terrified of offending anyone, and go for being offensively boring instead...

Long may characters like Big Mac, Jeremy Clarkson and Simon Cowell continue to grace our screens! :lol:

Jeff

Return to “Trading Horse racing”