Market Manipulation

The sport of kings.
RafterP

Today is very similiar to yesterday for me.

Couldnt get going at all in yesterday's afternoon session but done very well in the evening racing.

So far today its the same.
convoysur

im still painting the living room ,wondering which is easier trading the markets or glossing doors .im verry bad with gloss !!!!Marc
rhysmr2

It's been a very uneventful day for me but doing ok, seems like there's very little money about this week, apart from the massive orders from the market manipulators!
shwing

rubysglory wrote:
" at the end of the year I had the uneasy sense that the game was starting to change just as I begun to understand it. I had scaled a mountain, but as I admired the view the ground was crumbling beneath my feet." Andrew Beyer (The Winning Horseplayer - 1983).
I've had a hard long slog on betfair. Its taken me around 2 and a half years of hard work to get to the point where I am profitable. I've spent nearly all my spare time studying the markets, going down dead ends over and over. I started working nights to have more time available, and have survived on very little sleep for a long time. I have worked my ass off to understand the markets I trade and develop the right mindset...
I started making good money around the start of the year, and had plans to go full time in the beginning of next year. I just had to get all my financial failsafes in place...
I wont be going fulltime now. Even though I'm miles away from the 250000, with no guarantees of when the threshold gets lowered, I cant stake my future on it. Sure Betdaq could become an alternative, there could maybe even be an american exchange one day... But like Andy said, I cant plan on could.
So for me now, I'm just going take take what I can out of the markets when I can, and focus on other avenues.

Betfair have well and truly killed the dream...
PeterLe

Been a strange day in running too today...
I've seen this pattern before..it is almost as if someone is holding the market in running..and you just know that they will be stung. I think they just did in the 17:30 and 17:40

It has a pattern of doing this for a couple of days and then back to normal - very strange

The markets seem to free up in the evening too during these cycles..so maybe it is someone (or team) who have very large banks who are playing the percentage game??

Anyone else noticed this??
Regards
Peter
RafterP

I've noticed that the past few days the evenings have been more stable. The afternoons for me are very difficult to trade, much more spikey.

Like you said there seem to be people with large banks thrwing orders in everywhere
rhysmr2

This evening seems pathetic to me, lost about £60 of my profit so far, think I'll pack it in and leave it to you guys who have more patience then me!
RafterP

Yeah the markets are very thing. 5 evening meetings is a bit much imo.
Euler

convoysur wrote:im still painting the living room ,wondering which is easier trading the markets or glossing doors .im verry bad with gloss !!!!Marc
You should speak to Betfair they are very good a glossing over things. ;)
Iron

Speaking of which, have they clarified why they suspended your account?

Jeff
Euler wrote: You should speak to Betfair they are very good a glossing over things. ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”