make a market

A place to discuss anything.
guzinit

Can anyone tell me what characteristics to look for when making a market, unfortunatley Euler being the genius he is , he just knows when its going to happen, wish i could .
ShaunWhite

guzinit wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:04 pm
Can anyone tell me what characteristics to look for when making a market, unfortunatley Euler being the genius he is , he just knows when its going to happen, wish i could .
"knows when it's going to happen"?

When what's going to happen? In the context of UK betting exchanges, "market making" refers to simply offering prices, perhaps on both sides, perhaps at the same time. In conventional bookmaking it would be offering prices on all selections.
Kai

guzinit wrote:
Sounds like you are confusing market making for another strategy
Dallas

guzinit wrote:
If you mean when to use the 'Make Market' button most effectively there's some pointers in this blog
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... explained/
Trader724

guzinit wrote:
Sometimes people seem big only because we are on our knees.
guzinit

Thanks everyone , and thanks for the link Dallas

Return to “General discussion”