Betfair Trading Community Got Exposed

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

MaxLiability wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:09 pm
I actually posted on the youtube video linking back to this thread and it was removed in minutes. It's very easy to present credible evidence when you're the one presenting the bits you wish to reveal. BTW there was nothing in my post on their video that was contentious just saying well done for posting a notarised doc and what were there views on this thread.
That's weird, why would they do that?

If they read the thread I'm happy for them to get in touch and I can validate any claims with Betfair if they wish for clarity.

I've been careful for a number of years to keep really detailed records of my activity in the event somebody tries to claim it's all made up. But in terms of validation, it's tricky as somebody will always be prepared to fake it. But generally speaking people lie my omission, people who refuse to state how successful they have been can only really be hiding the truth, which is probably that they have no been very successful.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:56 am

If they read the thread I'm happy for them to get in touch and I can validate any claims with Betfair if they wish for clarity..
Betfair release account info to you?
Euler

No, but I can ask if something public is valid. That's what I meant, I can speak to an account manager etc.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:57 am
No, but I can ask if something public is valid. That's what I meant, I can speak to an account manager etc.
That still sounds like an account manager reveling other people's account info to you? Or maybe the claimant would give you authorisation to ask Betfair?

I think you can get Betfair to do you a letter stating what you've earned? Perhaps people could post a copy of that and then any misrepresentations could be held up (by Betfair) as being fraudulent or a forgery.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:19 pm
Or maybe the claimant would give you authorisation to ask Betfair?
That's what I meant. If you have something in the public domain then it's easy, with permission, to validate it.

People are free to check this for example: -

https://youtu.be/cuchsPbaNT0

But herein lies the problem, some claimed this was fake despite my offer. But if they spoke to Betfair, I'll happily let Betfair confirm it. In fact, if you add automation to this my result was far bigger. Whether Betfair would be up for it is a different discussion.

I can't see it happening in any structured format, as it would expose loads of people as bluffing and therefore there would be considerable resistance to any validation procedure. People just have to use a bit of caveat emptor.
MaxLiability

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:19 pm

I think you can get Betfair to do you a letter stating what you've earned? Perhaps people could post a copy of that and then any misrepresentations could be held up (by Betfair) as being fraudulent or a forgery.
Not really in Betfair's interest to start validating people's pnl's, could open a big can of worms for them.
Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:56 am

That's weird, why would they do that?

Who knows? After doing this for a long time it's easy to become a bit sceptical about claims people put up when they're touting something or other. On second viewing the account was notarised on 25/26 Aug 21 yet took almost a year to compile his video and post it in July 2022.

If you're trying to take the high road querying why others haven't notarised their pnl's you should at least cover all bases. Maybe I'll ask them to notarise another now it's been two years since the last :)
JohnT

Any idiot can cherry pick and post videos showing only winning trades etc.

Return to “General discussion”