Storing a value of price of an unmatched bet

A place to discuss anything.
Frontier

Hi

I see it is possible to store a value of the number of unmatched bets and also the value (stake remaining) of unmatched bets.

But is there a way to store the value of the price of the selection where you have an unmatched bet.

It would then be possilbe to store a value of the selection price and multiply it with the value/stake remaining in order to get a payout figure.

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this? And if I have missed a baf file somewhere that I could look at that could help?

Cheers :)
ShaunWhite

How would you want to handle multiple unmatched bets?
Frontier

Hi Shaun

In this scenario I am talking about having 1 unmatched bet on a selection.

Example of why this figure would be useful:
Original stake £10 lay at 14.0 (possible payout £140 / Liability £130)
Best back price moves out 17.0
I want my payout to remain £140 so stake is now £8.24 at odds of 17.0.

You could just cancel unmatched bets below so many ticks of the front of the book and place a new bet into the market closer to the front of the book with the same payout. However if the original stake was partially matched you would be increasing your liability by how ever much the original bet was partially matched. None of this is aproblem if you're manually placing the stakes, it's when trying to do this with automation, having the remaining payout figure would be handy.
sionascaig

Just capture price as a SV on the same rule that you place the bet (and use the same criteria that you use to place the bet, e.g. best back, best reverse whatever)...
Frontier

I can see that as a solution if using bet angel to place the original bet. However if the original bet is placed manually for whatever reason (longer than 24hrs that guadian allows for example), you can't store an it as a SV.
sionascaig

ah sorry, assumed you were using automation...
Frontier

no problem, thanks for your suggestion.
ShaunWhite

Frontier wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:42 am
In this scenario I am talking about having 1 unmatched bet on a selection.
That's the tricky part with a soft solution such as Guardian. If you introduce elements that are conditional then the design eventually loses its integrity.

But your issue with Guardian is almost the opposite of mine, I don't want it to see or affect bets I've placed outside of BA. Same with the ladder, I don't want to see my external bets, or Guardian bets on it. My software can ignore bets placed by BA, BA could/should be able to ignore bets it had no part in via some sort of Local/Global mode setting. BA is a bit domineering in that respect when it comes to integrating it into a trading system.

Anyway it's your thread so I won't go on about it. Just saying that you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time..... Unless you have a setting :)
Frontier

Feel free to put anything, who knows where things can lead!

Logically there will be a way to do this with existing commands. However, the software is only as clever as the user using it, so I like to keep things simple! :)
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci
ShaunWhite

Frontier wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:48 pm
Feel free to put anything, who knows where things can lead!

Logically there will be a way to do this with existing commands. However, the software is only as clever as the user using it, so I like to keep things simple! :)
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci
It'll be possible, especially for anyone from the Mecanno generation who's used to just having a box of bits to play with :).
sionascaig

Frontier wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:30 pm
I can see that as a solution if using bet angel to place the original bet. However if the original bet is placed manually for whatever reason (longer than 24hrs that guadian allows for example), you can't store an it as a SV.
Actually, if you can set the rule as "always armed" then the 24hr restriction doesn't come into it. Will still have a problem if submitting bets manually (out with the automation) though.
Frontier

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:00 pm
Frontier wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:30 pm
Actually, if you can set the rule as "always armed" then the 24hr restriction doesn't come into it. Will still have a problem if submitting bets manually (out with the automation) though.
Ah I see, thanks it is a helpful suggestion for over 24hrs placement using automation.

Return to “General discussion”