any excel god's about?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
AndyIsHere

Hey

Does anyone know what the formula would be in excel to work out the profit for dutching? The same way BA does it?

So I'll have a list of results with there BSP and then have another cell which contains my back stake, I'll obviously filter the races to just show the ones I want to dutch

any ideas?

thanks

(I'll be trying to figure it out, but hoping someone can jump in and make my life a bit simpler
Dabbla

In this example were dutching SA and England

The formulas for each cell are in the highlighted box.
The first formula would be, =1/odds = IP %
The second row of titles are for the above formulas.

(Dutch 1) The sum of the IP%, would be all the runners that you wish to Dutch. In this case adding the IP% of SA and England together
DUTCHCALCC.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realrocknrolla

**What's Dutching?**
Imagine you have £10, and you're betting on a few horses in a race. Instead of putting all your money on one horse, you spread it out. This way, no matter which horse wins, you get the same amount of money back.

**Step-by-Step Guide:**

1. **Setting Up Your List**
First, make a list. Write down the names of the horses in one column and their odds (chances of winning) in the next column.

Example:
Horses in column A:
- Horse1
- Horse2
- Horse3

Odds in column B:

2. **Adding Together the Odds**
At the top of a new column, you're going to add together the odds in a special way. Divide 1 by each horse's odds and then add those numbers up. You can do this in cell C1 with a special formula: `=SUMPRODUCT(1/B2:B4)`

3. **Working Out How Much to Bet on Each Horse**
Now, figure out how much of your £10 you should put on each horse. If you've put your £10 in cell E1, then in cell C2 (next to Horse1), type a formula to work it out: `=£10 * B2 / C1`. Then, drag this formula down next to all the horses.

4. **How Much Will You Get Back?**
See how much money you'll get back if each horse wins. In cell D2 (next to Horse1), type a formula to see how much you'll win: `=(B2 * C2) - £10`. Then, drag this formula down next to all the horses.

Courtesy of ChatGPT
Realrocknrolla

Did this in 30 seconds

Not tested it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”