Independent ladder

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you like to use the ladder at the same time as running automation on the same market

Yes
90%
No
10%
I can already, I have a master/sub account
No votes

Total votes: 10
ShaunWhite

I'd need to be able to use the ladder in a way that only shows bets generated on the ladder itself. Obviously as an option in addition to the current useage.

Presently it also shows bets generated by other systems, on the web site and from Guardian. ie your entire account.

In the meantime do you have a suggestion about how to use the ladder if you're doing more than manual trading and don't have a master/sub account with Betfair?

I realise that would be a lot of work as to do it properly you'd need to implement customerStrategyRef. As in interim measure: my software can optionally ignore BA bets by virtue of the missing customerStrategyRef, could BA reciprocate and ignore bets that do have a customerStrategyRef ? That would be a big help when trying to incorporate BA into a wider trading system. To use the Aussie vernacular, it's a bit of a stickybeak.
Anbell

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:43 am
I'd need to be able to use the ladder in a way that only shows bets generated on the ladder itself. Obviously as an option in addition to the current useage.

Presently it also shows bets generated by other systems, on the web site and from Guardian. ie your entire account.

In the meantime do you have a suggestion about how to use the ladder if you're doing more than manual trading and don't have a master/sub account with Betfair?

I realise that would be a lot of work as to do it properly you'd need to implement customerStrategyRef. As in interim measure: my software can optionally ignore BA bets by virtue of the missing customerStrategyRef, could BA reciprocate and ignore bets that do have a customerStrategyRef ? That would be a big help when trying to incorporate BA into a wider trading system. To use the Aussie vernacular, it's a bit of a stickybeak.
What exactly do you think stickybeak means?
ShaunWhite

Anbell wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:37 am
What exactly do you think stickybeak means?
Interfering with things that aren't your business. Intrusive.

All I want to do is automate and trade manually at the same time.
ShaunWhite

210 views and only 6 votes?

And zero saying they have a m/s account. Is there really nobody who automates and ladder trades at the same time?
Emmson

The only automation I use is the tick offset too so I'm a bystander, I must be in a minority on this board. A Pure Manual Trader which is why I'm up with no plans to head to kip for a good while.
Anbell

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:24 am
210 views and only 6 votes?

And zero saying they have a m/s account. Is there really nobody who automates and ladder trades at the same time?
I have an m/s account - and I manually trade in an isolated account. It isnt ideal because each account has to pay commission separately, I'd probably move everything to back to betangel if it had customerStrategyRef and the rule equivalent. I thought your idea of isolating when customerStrategyRef was blank was clever

Return to “Suggestions”