Setting Maximum Lay Price

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
TheMackem

Hi

I am a regular user of Bet Angel but made a rookie error earlier on a Football market...

I accidently clicked on a lay of 110 when the market lacked liquidity when the actual price would of been around 3.0... Luckily it was only for £2 and I partially recovered..

My question is there a way to set a maximum lay price on the ladder and grid so my bet wouldn't be accepted in future if I made same mistake...

TIA

Steven
Derek27

TheMackem wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:46 pm
Hi

I am a regular user of Bet Angel but made a rookie error earlier on a Football market...

I accidently clicked on a lay of 110 when the market lacked liquidity when the actual price would of been around 3.0... Luckily it was only for £2 and I partially recovered..

My question is there a way to set a maximum lay price on the ladder and grid so my bet wouldn't be accepted in future if I made same mistake...

TIA

Steven
You can set a maximum liability on the settings > stakes tab. I don't think you can set a maximum price if you're manually trading.
TheMackem

Hi

Ahhh yeah that might be a good idea in future..

Thanks for Reply
Dallas

TheMackem wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:46 pm
Hi

TIA

Steven
If you use a Servant to place the bet you can add a 'fixed odds condition' to test the price is less than 'X'

When you start the servant if the price exceeds your specified price it won't place the bet

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”