Closing trade for profit on individual trade rather than selection

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dallas

MartinJWilliams wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:42 pm
Sorry, me again.

I'm trying to work through this but I'm struggling to understand how it's possible to group all of the rules together for a piece of automation (back or lay bet) that is triggering via a series of conditions and not via a Servant.

Rule 1: Clear Signals/Stored Values - I can see how this can be associated with the selection by using the same conditions that would trigger the back or lay bet of the automation to trigger the Clear Signal rule.
Rule 2: Back bet - Straight forward as above, driven by the conditions.
Rule 3: Signal no Unmatched Bets & Rule 4: - Store P/L After Matched Bet - I can't picture how to link these two rules to to a back bet driven by conditions outside of a Servant environment, if it's at all possible.
Thanks again.
How are you targeting a selection for the rule/s to trigger on?
ie, by nominated selection, Betfair row number, order of favouritism etc?
MartinJWilliams

The rules I had in mind for this are targeted by market conditions and the 'ANY' selection, which is why I was coming up against the problem. Basically a bet with a series of conditions based around VWAP, LTP, moving averages etc.

One of your previous messages though mentioned 'counter measures', something I hadn't thought about before, but got me thinking. With these types of bets, you are always going to be susceptible to the market conditions changing, which is why this idea of closing out at a profit appealed. I thought though that perhaps I could set a signal when these trades enter the market, then set up some close and greening rules based on this signal being set, and a set of conditions that indicated the market conditions had or were changing. I'm thinking that though this wouldn't be the same as closing out a specified profit or loss, it would close the position and green up should the conditions that triggered the bet in the first place change. As long as the green up rule also cleared the original signal. I'm guessing that this process would then be repeatable and would offer me a similar solution?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”