Trading Super Accounts?

A place to discuss anything.
Jay28

So I heard a rumour from an acquaintance who used to work for one of the Betting Exchange companies, that some higher gods in the industry have ""Super Accounts"? (I was told that they essentially queue jumping account orders)

Does anyone know anything about this and if it's true or not? The person seemed pretty adamant and told me they were mainly used in the bigger markers. It was over a few drinks and I was also immediately told to forget they said that too straight afterwards - That made me more suspicious!

I don't know if to believe them but I do know the person that told me has worked in the gambling industry for at least 25 years now!

Any thoughts?

Is it true? I can't believe it is true but it did happen on some shady poker sites back in the past?
Euler

In my experience with Betfair I've never come across this, and I've spoken to a lot of Betfair accounts from large individual players, syndicates, commercial organisations. I even had a meeting with some city firms who pushed for some sort of advantage and Betfair refused, insisting on a level playing field.

Other exchanges are active in their own markets and use this as a source of profit, so perhaps that is the source of this comment?
Jay28

TBH I have no idea what is going on or what to believe but I do realised it's designed that way..... If you check Betfair in the companies house records, it's a total maze of further companies to investigate, I got bored and confused after seeing over 30+ different registered companies all related..... this company owns that company, and that company is a PSC on that company, this company owns shares in that company and blah blah blah for ever..... it's purposely near impossible to track their records! IMHO, I wonder why would an honest business ever do that? Is Jordan Belfort involved - Sell me that Pen!
MemphisFlash

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-0810.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Bit of a dark pool innit, which is probably for the best

You sometimes see complaints about about unfair advantages and such, from experienced users like Psychoff as well, but those always just turn out to be clever tricks employed by normal users that only appear like that, haven't really noticed any actual shenanigans going on
Derek27

The feeling that someone's queue-jumping can be down to a glitch in the API stream. Today I had about £50 on offer, it was the only money at that price. £3K appeared to be placed at that price but my £50 still remained!
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:40 pm
The feeling that someone's queue-jumping can be down to a glitch in the API stream. Today I had about £50 on offer, it was the only money at that price. £3K appeared to be placed at that price but my £50 still remained!
XM fools a lot of people at times. I hate it, it's really distorted the small field markets.

Return to “General discussion”