Scores on Betfair

Help improve Bet Angel.
oddsmaestro

Hello, since Betfair completely sucks when it comes to displaying scores, automation fails. It should not be hard to get scores from other sites to get automation working. Is that something you are looking at?
Regards Patrik.
Geordie

oddsmaestro wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:13 am
Hello, since Betfair completely sucks when it comes to displaying scores, automation fails. It should not be hard to get scores from other sites to get automation working. Is that something you are looking at?
Regards Patrik.
Have you looked at this:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27973

Works a treat.
oddsmaestro

Yes, but that does not help when automating tennis :D
The tennis bot needs scores to work properly.
Dallas

oddsmaestro wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:12 am
Yes, but that does not help when automating tennis :D
The tennis bot needs scores to work properly.
Its a question of cost, as a commercial company Bet Angel cant just steal the scores and import them from where ever they please, they'd need to licence the feed from a data provider and that is very expensive so would mean increased subscriptions costs for everyone to cover the cost

I'm not sure about the licence for tennis scores but the cost of the licence for football scores currently far out weighs even what a hefty increase in subscriptions would recoup

Users are free to import them from anywhere they want (assuming they can fine a reliable site they can scrape them from) at their own risk into Excel, Once you have them in Excel they can be pushed into BA via Stored Values, or read directly from your worksheet
oddsmaestro

Betfair is strange. Some scores work, from same tournament and at same time. Just now three matches running, two have scores going and third has not. Dont understand. Why dont they just fix it?
Archery1969

oddsmaestro wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:34 pm
Betfair is strange. Some scores work, from same tournament and at same time. Just now three matches running, two have scores going and third has not. Dont understand. Why dont they just fix it?
Might be something to do with liquidity on the match. Say, if less than £50,000 then they don’t bother etc. But no idea really.
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:07 pm
oddsmaestro wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:34 pm
Might be something to do with liquidity on the match. Say, if less than £50,000 then they don’t bother etc. But no idea really.
It may also be a problem on the data providers side and the scores aren't even being sent to BF
oddsmaestro

Now another problem occured, I see scores on a few matches on Betfair, however no scores displayed at my watchlist on BA. Now the liquidity is low, but that should not be an issue right?
oddsmaestro

Nadal-Thiem now, scores visible on BF but not on BA.
Dallas

Archery1969

oddsmaestro wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:14 am
Why do you need to know the current score on any Tennis or Football market ?

You do realise that courtsiders are at every high liguidity match and shifting the odds as they see things typically happen 1 second before you do and the BF scores update right ?

Ever noticed the BF market goes suspended just before you see a goal go in etc.....
sniffer66

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:19 pm
oddsmaestro wrote:

You do realise that courtsiders are at every high liguidity match and shifting the odds as they see things typically happen 1 second before you do and the BF scores update right ?

Ever noticed the BF market goes suspended just before you see a goal go in etc.....
I found that an odd question, even when swing trading tennis you need to know the score, who is serving etc. I get it for in game trading for a few ticks though
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:19 pm
oddsmaestro wrote:

I found that an odd question, even when swing trading tennis you need to know the score, who is serving etc. I get it for in game trading for a few ticks though
Ditto, most of my tennis trading is done with automation all of which that require the score and/or server info to trigger

Return to “Suggestions”