Pre-off automation challenge

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Safeway

I would love to have an 'automatable' strategy like this. There are so many Greyhound races. I am sorry about the difficulty in 'ramping it up' which at the end of the day has to be a result of low liquidity...?

Are you on UK or UK & Irish races or do you do the lot? If I read your chart correctly, I take it one point is one stake ie. £1.00? You took a hit when increasing your stakes but does the chart then show a profit over the four weeks of around £75? I guess it might have been double that without the hiccup....could buy a night on the town :lol:

There was a guy on the forum named cybernet99 I think who appeared to be doing very nicely pre-race on the Greyhounds. His/her automation seemed to be based on making lay bets with offset. Filling the gap, not at the 'crossover' but in gaps in the back offers.

Dallas has posted sample bots based on gaps at the 'crossover' but not (to my knowledge) gaps in one side of the book only. Lacking time I skim read a thread where somebody was telling how to do this in Guardian. I haven't delved deeper as some of this is so old I might be wasting my time.

I would be really keen if any of the highly experienced here could comment or have any thoughts :)
jamesedwards

Safeway wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:53 pm
I would love to have an 'automatable' strategy like this. There are so many Greyhound races. I am sorry about the difficulty in 'ramping it up' which at the end of the day has to be a result of low liquidity...?

Are you on UK or UK & Irish races or do you do the lot? If I read your chart correctly, I take it one point is one stake ie. £1.00? You took a hit when increasing your stakes but does the chart then show a profit over the four weeks of around £75? I guess it might have been double that without the hiccup....could buy a night on the town :lol:

There was a guy on the forum named cybernet99 I think who appeared to be doing very nicely pre-race on the Greyhounds. His/her automation seemed to be based on making lay bets with offset. Filling the gap, not at the 'crossover' but in gaps in the back offers.

Dallas has posted sample bots based on gaps at the 'crossover' but not (to my knowledge) gaps in one side of the book only. Lacking time I skim read a thread where somebody was telling how to do this in Guardian. I haven't delved deeper as some of this is so old I might be wasting my time.

I would be really keen if any of the highly experienced here could comment or have any thoughts :)
Yes, £1 stakes and profit is up to was up to £75 before I increased stakes again today. It's all greyhounds; UK, ROI, Aus and NZ.

My strategy is not similar to what you describe so I can't comment on your thoughts.
Naffman

The Greyhound markets are fairly big so I'm surprised upping from £1 to £1.50 makes that much difference.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”