Alert when liability goes over X

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
johnnyinamoto

Is there a way to set a soft alert when my liability goes over a set amount?

For example,
> I set my max liability it to £100
> I place a bet with the liabilty of £80
> I add £80 to the liability
> > I now get an alert
> I add another £80 to the liability
> > I get another an alert

I would prefer it not to be a hard limit, like you can do with the Betfair tools.
I would also prefer not to see a message box, which Bet Angel provides by default.

Ideally I'd like a sound alert everytime I add to a position when the liability is over a set amount.

Is that possible?
Derek27

johnnyinamoto wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:03 pm
Is there a way to set a soft alert when my liability goes over a set amount?

For example,
> I set my max liability it to £100
> I place a bet with the liabilty of £80
> I add £80 to the liability
> > I now get an alert
> I add another £80 to the liability
> > I get another an alert

I would prefer it not to be a hard limit, like you can do with the Betfair tools.
I would also prefer not to see a message box, which Bet Angel provides by default.

Ideally I'd like a sound alert everytime I add to a position when the liability is over a set amount.

Is that possible?
Are you talking about a single market or your liability across all traded markets?
johnnyinamoto

Hi Derek.

Either really. All open markets or just one market.
Derek27

johnnyinamoto wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:19 pm
Hi Derek.

Either really. All open markets or just one market.
All open markets would be tricky and a bit of work, if it is possible.

For one market, have you tried using the alert rule to set a sound alert when the PL for any selection is less than your limit (stored in an SV), multiplied by -1? You would need to apply the rule to 'ANY slection'.
johnnyinamoto

Hey Derek,

That sounds like a great idea, although I can't work out how to do it.

In the Automation section, I can't see it in the drop down. The closest thing I've come across is Close Trade Profit condition, but I think that works out the P/L at current market price. I'm looking for the worst case scenario, as in if I lay, then the worst case will be if the price moves to 1.01, etc..

jamesedwards

I do this by comparing my available balance (listed in Bet Angel as "The balance" under stored values) with my statement balance. The drawback is the statement balance is not available in Bet Angel so I have to manually update this as a stored value in my rulesfile every now and again. This works fine though, as long as you only need a rough exposure number.

eg "The Balance" in Bet Angel might read £2000, and I've stored my statement balance of £3000 as a stored value. Then it will automatically calculate a total exposure SV as being £3000 - £2000 = £1000. Now if I put up another trade worth a further £200 exposure then "The Balance" in Bet Angel will drop to £1800 and it will update the total exposure SV to £1200.
johnnyinamoto

Hi James,

That's interesting thanks.

I'm trying to work out how to implement it. Would it look something like this (if I simplified it)?

I'm assuming if my Betfair bank was £1,000, and I had an open liability in a race of £900, this alert wouldn't trigger, but if I bet 1 more pound, it would?

Sorry for my complicated response. I don't know how else to word it.

If I'm wrong, would you be able to share some screenshots of how you implemented it?
Derek27

johnnyinamoto wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:44 pm
Hey Derek,

That sounds like a great idea, although I can't work out how to do it.

In the Automation section, I can't see it in the drop down. The closest thing I've come across is Close Trade Profit condition, but I think that works out the P/L at current market price. I'm looking for the worst case scenario, as in if I lay, then the worst case will be if the price moves to 1.01, etc..

It's a stored value condition you need, if you're just limiting liability for a single market.

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

johnnyinamoto wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:36 pm
Hi James,

That's interesting thanks.

I'm trying to work out how to implement it. Would it look something like this (if I simplified it)?

I'm assuming if my Betfair bank was £1,000, and I had an open liability in a race of £900, this alert wouldn't trigger, but if I bet 1 more pound, it would?

Sorry for my complicated response. I don't know how else to word it.

If I'm wrong, would you be able to share some screenshots of how you implemented it?
Personally, I find it easier to have a rule within all my rulesfiles dedicated to creating a few stored values around balance and exposure. They are all set to "Bet Angel" level so they transpose seamlessly across all markets;
SV1 "available_balance" which = "the Balance".
SV2 "statement_balance" which I manually update every now and again with my latest statement balance.
SV3 "exposure" which = "statement_balance" minus "available balance".

Then I can use the "exposure" SV as a condition wherever I want.
johnnyinamoto

Thanks for your help Derek and James. I've finally got it working.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”