Concerned about potential issue with exchange

A place to discuss anything.
Bobballs365

Hi,
I’ve only begun betting recently and will only be doing so on a specific event.
I deposited £2000 into another gambling site account in order to place my stake, only to learn they have a £500 maximum for new users. Upon learning this I withdrew my funds and after sone research saw the exchange had no such limitations so deposited my £2000 that same day into exchange. Over the last few months I’ve now increased my stake to £5k with a substantial payout due if my wager is correct.
I received an email from the original betting company I used Briefing me it’s not allowed to deposit and withdraw funds without play, I explained I wasn’t aware and briefed them it was their limit that caused me to do so and would refrain from doing so again. They asked me for proof of funds which I supplied in the form of employment contract and payslips (I earn £72k per annum x 2 bonus so £144k OTE).
That put the matter to rest on their side.
My concern is that upon closer review of betfairs terms it states if you engage in or suspected of depositing money on another site without play it’s a prohibited activity. I’m concerned should I win this will be used to withhold my winnings.
I understand that this measure is in place for money laundering prevention but Will the fact I immediately used the funds to place a bet on betfair exchange and have steadily increased my stake since, with no withdrawals made, be sufficient to demonstrate that I I intended to bet on the original platform I deposited on?
Also should I perhaps reach out to betfair and explain this or not? I don’t see how they’d become aware of this but honesty is always the best policy I find when dealing with corporations and I’d rather be the originator of this information than risk they discover it through other means.
Or am I just being naive? Any assistance is useful, thank you.
Fugazi

Didnt read any of that.

But moral of the story dont spend 2k on something youre just beginning
Kai

Bobballs365 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:55 pm
My concern is that upon closer review of betfairs terms it states if you engage in or suspected of depositing money on another site without play it’s a prohibited activity. I’m concerned should I win this will be used to withhold my winnings.
Hi,

Are you sure that's what BF's T&C says? Had a glance and my search finds no mention of other platforms
Betfair wrote:11. Prohibited Activities
  • 11.2.2 if you appear, in our reasonable judgement, to be depositing or withdrawing money or otherwise using the Services without genuine play
Anbell

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:29 am
Bobballs365 wrote:
Hi,

Are you sure that's what BF's T&C says? Had a glance and my search finds no mention of other platforms
Betfair wrote:11. Prohibited Activities
  • 11.2.2 if you appear, in our reasonable judgement, to be depositing or withdrawing money or otherwise using the Services without genuine play
I couldnt make sense of that either and assume it was an Other Software thing?
Kai

Anbell wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:09 am
I couldnt make sense of that either and assume it was an Other Software thing?
Sounds like OP just used a random bookie? And is now concerned that BF might withhold his winnings should his large pending bet land

Yeah it was a bit confusing to read, I resorted to AI for simplification to double-check what OP was asking there

AI TL;DR : "I recently started betting and deposited £2000 into a gambling site. I found out they had a £500 limit for new users, so I withdrew my funds and put them into Betfair, which doesn't have limits. Over time, I increased my stake to £5k and will win big if my next bet lands. The first site emailed me about my deposit, and I explained the situation and provided proof of funds. They seemed okay with it, but I'm now worried about Betfair's terms affecting my winnings. Should I reach out to Betfair to explain, or am I overthinking things? I earn £72k per year plus bonuses at my job."
Kai

Bobballs365 wrote:
Also should I perhaps reach out to betfair and explain this or not? I don’t see how they’d become aware of this but honesty is always the best policy I find when dealing with corporations and I’d rather be the originator of this information than risk they discover it through other means.
Or am I just being naive? Any assistance is useful, thank you.
Have very limited exp with random bookies but I think you're fine as far as BF are concerned?

If they shared data on you wouldn't they also likely share the fact you passed their checks

I suppose you could inform BF if it will help you sleep better, sounds like you would easily pass any required checks

Wouldn't call that overthinking either, you're just doing your due diligence which is never really a bad idea, some of my lazier friends had their BF accounts suspended for various reasons because they never listen and because they simply didn't do theirs

Return to “General discussion”