Betfair account locked

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Davey18p wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 pm
Still no response from betfair - just one more thought - would it make sense to open a new betfair account
I accidentally opened another Betfair account when I changed my login email (which is recognised by Betfair as a new account). Their system closed the old account as quickly as the new account was opened. You've also got KYC checks to worry about - you need two identities for two accounts!
Derek27

conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:38 pm
We all have a go at Betfair and say how bad they are in certain things, but their security is backed up by some of the best experts in cyber fraud in the world.
Perhaps the cyber experts could swap places with the chat agents, or the suspend monkeys. :mrgreen:
conduirez

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:42 pm
conduirez wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:38 pm
We all have a go at Betfair and say how bad they are in certain things, but their security is backed up by some of the best experts in cyber fraud in the world.
Perhaps the cyber experts could swap places with the chat agents, or the suspend monkeys. :mrgreen:
The thing is the poor guys on customer service, are not that far up the food chain, I would rather the smart guys looking after my money in security, we could swap them if you want. :D
Davey18p

Thank you for the advice guys appreciated
ANGELS15

Davey18p wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:59 pm
Have you considered using Betdaq while all this pending?

They lag behind Betfair but depends what you do on the sites.
ANGELS15

Davey18p wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:59 pm
Have you considered using Betdaq while all this pending?

They lag behind Betfair but depends what you do on the sites.
Davey18p

Thanks

Do you know if the betangel software works with betdaq
Derek27

Davey18p wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Thanks

Do you know if the betangel software works with betdaq
Bet Angel has a separate free to use application for BetDaq, which you can download from the download page.
Davey18p

Thanks
Thosefoxpeople

Not sure where you are from but Betdaq is banned in a number of countries where BF is legal (Australia being one of them unfortunately 🤦‍♂️). Although I'm guessing you aren't in AU because they have far superior customer service than the UK for some reason, they would have had this sorted pretty quickly.

Also +1 for not opening a new account, they are VERY touchy about that and it will introduce a whole new set of problems.
ANGELS15

Thosefoxpeople wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:51 am
Not sure where you are from but Betdaq is banned in a number of countries where BF is legal (Australia being one of them unfortunately 🤦‍♂️). Although I'm guessing you aren't in AU because they have far superior customer service than the UK for some reason, they would have had this sorted pretty quickly.

Also +1 for not opening a new account, they are VERY touchy about that and it will introduce a whole new set of problems.
How bizarre that Betdaq is banned in countries where Betfair is legal especially Australia. After the UK Australia seems one of the more liberal Western countries when it comes to betting. For example they have off course betting shops while to my knowlege exchanges are not allowed in the US nor do they have off course betting aside from a few places in Las Vegas.
Thosefoxpeople

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 am
Thosefoxpeople wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:51 am

How bizarre that Betdaq is banned in countries where Betfair is legal especially Australia. After the UK Australia seems one of the more liberal Western countries when it comes to betting. For example they have off course betting shops while to my knowlege exchanges are not allowed in the US nor do they have off course betting aside from a few places in Las Vegas.
I can only assume that Betdaq have looked into getting licensed in Australia at some point and have just decided it isn't worth it. I believe the AU arm of Betfair was running at a loss until recently (not sure of the current situation), it's expensive business running any sort of wagering operation here and exchanges definitely get hit harder than the corps.

Return to “General discussion”