Servant Context Selection

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Safeway

I've promised myself that I will minimise questions but after the last hour or so I'm going to have to ask.

Why, when I specify 'Servant Context Selection' in the rules file in my servant does the servant continue to bet on a runner of its own choice? The runner it bets on is highlighted in the servant 'box' BUT I have created and am using a rules file in Guardian and selected 'Applies to Selection: Servant Context Selection.' Surely it should now bet on the selection my curser is hovering over?

I am trying to achieve servant betting on the TPD map but seems a long way off at the moment.........I cannot even bet on my chosen selection on the blues and pinks on the familiar One Click Screen.

Please can somebody advise what I'm missing?

Derek27

Safeway wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:19 pm
I've promised myself that I will minimise questions but after the last hour or so I'm going to have to ask.

Why, when I specify 'Servant Context Selection' in the rules file in my servant does the servant continue to bet on a runner of its own choice? The runner it bets on is highlighted in the servant 'box' BUT I have created and am using a rules file in Guardian and selected 'Applies to Selection: Servant Context Selection.' Surely it should now bet on the selection my curser is hovering over?

I am trying to achieve servant betting on the TPD map but seems a long way off at the moment.........I cannot even bet on my chosen selection on the blues and pinks on the familiar One Click Screen.

I thought any rules file that uses servant context is designed for the one-click or laddar screen and doesn't work in Guardian. I've just tested it now and I get the error message, The rules file 'file name' can only be used as an Automation Servant.
Safeway

Thanks Derek.

What I do know is that Rules files created in Guardian have worked for me when selected as servants using the one click screen. Having said that those didn't (I don't think) require 'context.........?' Until now and now it don't work :(

I think you've nailed it Derek but I'll have to get back to it tomorrow.

I want this to place bets on the TPD map. I still haven't got the perfect set up. I've tried using a 2nd screen with another PC / In Play Trader......you name it but every time I want to trade I have to move everything round in a second it's a great big faff! I'm lucky I've got away with it.......so far :?
decomez6

Safeway wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:19 pm

use the global settings [behaviour] to set up a key board short cut for your bots.
sometimes the servant manager short cuts wont work( dont know why} . and the above works all the time . at least for me.
Safeway

Thanks mate - you may be answering my next question.
I was concerned at holding the mouse and having to hit a key at the far left and then a key at the right and losing my chance.
If I can use the mouse with my right hand and hit one key with my left that will be s big help.
I can set this to start the servant with one key can’t I?
Getting home soon so I’ll get on it.
Cheers.
decomez6

Safeway wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:19 pm
Thanks mate - you may be answering my next question.
I was concerned at holding the mouse and having to hit a key at the far left and then a key at the right and losing my chance.
If I can use the mouse with my right hand and hit one key with my left that will be s big help.
I can set this to start the servant with one key can’t I?
Getting home soon so I’ll get on it.
Cheers.
eliminate the keyboard ... But not the key board short cut

- set up the key board short cuts as explained before.
-then remap your mouse keys using the mouse software or a third party software
-assign your mouse keys to correspond to the keyboard shortcuts.
- the newly reassigned mouse keys .will activate your bots without a keyboard.
decomez6

one key board shortcut can be assign to start multiple tasks .
Safeway

Thanks for your help decomez but I'm running before I can walk!

OK......I created the servant in the Servant Manager after clicking on the bellboy.

I am happy to have the stake and odds pre-selected in the rule but the actual runner not. I want to select the runner during the race so...... in 'General:-'
Applies to selection: selected 'By Nomination' - 'Servant Context Selection.' And to confirm, at the bottom of the General Tab I see 'Applies to Selection - Servant Context Selection.' All is good thinks I.........

Why then when the Servant is started does it lay a selection named in the Control tab? Surely the servant is supposed to run on a selection that I have selected with my mouse?

I'm missing something. Any help welcome and thanks again :)
decomez6

A servant created from the servant manager seems to work when pointed to a selection on the ladder .( Might be wrong)

If outside the ladder e.g guardian/ one screen , you need to go the keyboard short cut route ( always what I use ) .

I know the feeling.... thinking .. :x ...something is wrong with the software !
Only to feel like something is wrong with me ! :roll:
When you get shown the solution.
Keep going pal !
Safeway

decomez6 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:12 pm
A servant created from the servant manager seems to work when pointed to a selection on the ladder .( Might be wrong)

If outside the ladder e.g guardian/ one screen , you need to go the keyboard short cut route ( always what I use ) .

I know the feeling.... thinking .. :x ...something is wrong with the software !
Only to feel like something is wrong with me ! :roll:
When you get shown the solution.
Keep going pal !
I never use the ladder but Yep - everything you say is right :D

I'm on a run today doing everything in my 'awkward' way :D

I've got the one click screen minimised and I'm dragging it around over the TPD map. I've been doing that for most of the last 100+ races but it works,so fine. I can't see a better way and importantly I can see my matched and unmatched bets..............if I drag it up a bit :D

I didn't get on with Servants for this or the In-Play Trader so I'm carrying on doing it like this for now. Think of Jimi Hendrix.....he beat everybody playing the guitar upside down. He didn't assign the top E to where the bottom E should be - he just did it. That'll have to be me :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”