A place to discuss anything.
Fugazi

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:54 am
Fugazi wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:45 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:30 pm
You don’t need to collect data on any market or sport.
I mean... the price goes up down left right. You just gotta take advantage of the fugazi :D
And a gun doesn't need bullets to be an effective weapon, but I would prefer to have bullets. Each to their own I suppose.
Of course. But with limited time alongside a fulltime job... make money first, then refine it / analyse it to future proof. It wouldn't be healthy to spend the time needed analysing right now. BUT by reaping the profits, I could work a day less and dedicate that to analysis. Ultimately, building sustainability being able to adapt as markets change and new strategies are needed.

All that said Im not exactly shooting in the dark. I figured out from trial and error which markets are likely to have a small range of price change, and which will shorten and drift - where my analysis is lacking is being sufficiently accurate in determining if it will drift or shorten...

I know some that will definitely shorten. But theres a cohort of markets I just cant wrap my head around whether they will shorten or drift. I just avoid them but feel if i can conquer them im a step closer to future proofing.
Derek27

I remember my first boss, the managing director of a small company, saying there's not enough hours in a day to run a company, and it became one of my favourite sayings whenever I didn't have time to get everything done.

As I've got older I feel there are plenty of hours in the day, just not enough days in the week. :mrgreen:
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:17 am
I know some that will definitely shorten. But theres a cohort of markets I just cant wrap my head around whether they will shorten or drift. I just avoid them but feel if i can conquer them im a step closer to future proofing.
Given that you have limited time. my recommendation is to focus on the markets where you definitely know what is going to happen, and refine your approach, and learn how to extract value there. The future-proofing can wait.
Hepburn

Takes me 10 mins to setup the automation for the day.

Go for all day trading if thats all you want to think about.
Fugazi

Hepburn wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 am
Takes me 10 mins to setup the automation for the day.

Of course, but the process to get to that automation took time.

I agree though and as someone else said. Looking at ladders all day would quickly get boring
Kai

Fugazi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:37 pm
Looking at ladders all day would quickly get boring
And yet people are often hooked on it for years, why do you think that is
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
[Looking at ladders all day would quickly get boring
Are you crazy? It's more exciting than watching the match. :mrgreen:
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:28 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Because we are all degenerates
Raffaello

Hi
Before I'm happy to get in this forum in the world of betting exchenge.
I know that is out of the topic. I'm not maybe able to create a new post/topic and also I can't send private messages. I need to be active, I will.

I'm goint to explain what is my problem. I am from Italy and I had bumped in to BetAngel course held by Mstr Webb. I have got the license Betangel Professional but I cannot work on it because in my country everything different is forbidden. Some of you could tell me " Do you have in Italy other software? ", yes but the market is weak, all the time back and lay are distant to each other. The beautiful world of Horse racing can't be traided.
I have to create an account on betfair.com. I have done averything, phone, credit card with UK IBAN (Revolut) but I need to show proof of address. I have some friends in London but them are aware of how to help me. Please, if somebody of You know a Legal way and I'm rewriting Legal way. I know about the Brexit, because I don't want to be banned becouse I bealive strongly in this kind of trading, I mean cuold be profitable with the right behavior. If there is a way please get in touch with me. I'm going to leave my e-mail [email protected].

About the topic, I have got, studyng this subject that needs time to be a profitable trader, sometime is frustraiting but It is a beautiful world.

thank you
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:50 pm
Fugazi wrote:
[Looking at ladders all day would quickly get boring
Are you crazy? It's more exciting than watching the match. :mrgreen:
I bet you have Peter's voice unmute as well :D
Kai

Fugazi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:02 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:28 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Because we are all degenerates
In part, probably :)

But you will find that boring works because of the dopamine reward system, beating difficult markets can be so satisfying and gratifying that you may not be able to shut up about it.

And in part because of FOMO, people spend all day on the ladder because they also fear those oppos won't always be there tomorrow. And depending on edge type they're not necessarily wrong!
Kai

Hepburn wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:38 am
Yes, the initial rabbit hole can seem irresistible, the promise of riches and freedom etc

May need to bin some of those hobbies and make same real sacrifices just for a decent chance at it
hecojef928

Anbell wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 am
I'd probably lower my expectations a little bit.
:lol:

Return to “General discussion”