Another Boring Trading Diary

A place to discuss anything.
Dannyboi3k

Hello everyone!

Yes, bore, another diary :lol: well, hear me out. I've been dabbling in trading since 2013, on and off, taking lengthy breaks after many a blown bank. Usually, the blown bank would come in the way of impulsive gambling to increase my bankroll, ironically enough.

Anyway, enough of the boring bits, not a vanity project, I'm here to share my results and try keep consistency and see where it goes. The days I do trade, I will post, win lose or draw.

Originally planning on doing this until mid-April (if the bank lasts that long), so from today or tomorrow I will get started depending on work.

Starting bank will be a modest €400, mainly pre-race horse racing, the occasional football match (reluctantly).

Update to follow...
Last edited by Dannyboi3k on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael5482

If you add some more information like what sport your trading, what you plan to do scalp/swing/lay the draw people may be able to offer you some sound advice.

You clearly have had an issue with blowing banks and chasing money in the past and it’s good that your honest about this but what has changed this time? Do you have a staking plan in place? Do you have a trading plan in place? Have you worked on your mindset for example and have plans in place to stop you blowing a bank again like when you over stake or reach x amount of loss or lost in x number of markets your going to turn your PC off for 24 hours?

If you haven’t take a step back and do some research and planning, sounds boring I know but this boring shite will save you money and may even make you some.
Dannyboi3k

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 am
If you add some more information like what sport your trading, what you plan to do scalp/swing/lay the draw people may be able to offer you some sound advice.

You clearly have had an issue with blowing banks and chasing money in the past and it’s good that your honest about this but what has changed this time? Do you have a staking plan in place? Do you have a trading plan in place? Have you worked on your mindset for example and have plans in place to stop you blowing a bank again like when you over stake or reach x amount of loss or lost in x number of markets your going to turn your PC off for 24 hours?

If you haven’t take a step back and do some research and planning, sounds boring I know but this boring shite will save you money and may even make you some.
My main reason for blowing the bank was from gambling, mainly, unnecessarily. I think if I have somewhere to post my end of day results, win or lose, it will give me more focus to trade rather than gamble.

I've edited my first post, mainly horse racing pre-race.

Thank you for your reply :)
Kai

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 am
I think if I have somewhere to post my end of day results, win or lose, it will give me more focus to trade rather than gamble.
Not a bad idea to try and create some accountability, good luck

Speaking of accountability, if you ragequit after a bank-blowing tilt and take a long break without ever really addressing the root causes then yeah, history can just keep repeating itself
sionascaig

Knowing when to sit on your hands rather than actively trading can also be a big help.

Identifying your mistakes / weaknesses more important that publishing the P&L in my opinion, but whatever works for you.

Good luck on your new journey )
conduirez

Writing down what you do in a Journal, even on here is a good idea, even better if you can video yourself and your computer screen to try and identify the triggers, when you get the urge to gamble.

I can offer you one other piece of advice which may work. When I first started I use to get a similar urge to gamble like you and had to walk away from the computer to stop myself, I am now successful at trading. What I did was change my mind set, I no longer think about the bank as money, I think of it just as a number, I treat trading like a video game trying to get the most points I can, doing this completely changed the way I acted. It only becomes money to me, when I withdraws funds.

Fortunately for me I can code software and a lot of what I do is now automated, so the above advice may not help you.
Anbell

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am
Hello everyone!

Yes, bore, another diary :lol: well, hear me out. I've been dabbling in trading since 2013, on and off, taking lengthy breaks after many a blown bank. Usually, the blown bank would come in the way of impulsive gambling to increase my bankroll, ironically enough.

Anyway, enough of the boring bits, not a vanity project, I'm here to share my results and try keep consistency and see where it goes. The days I do trade, I will post, win lose or draw.

Originally planning on doing this until mid-April (if the bank lasts that long), so from today or tomorrow I will get started depending on work.

Starting bank will be a modest €400, mainly pre-race horse racing, the occasional football match (reluctantly).

Update to follow...
What is your plan to get to mid-April with your bank intact? What size staking? How many events? etc
Kai

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 am
My main reason for blowing the bank was from gambling, mainly, unnecessarily.
What happened exactly
Dannyboi3k

Hey guys, thanks for all the information and replies, really appreciate it. I will have to postpone this due to a passing in the family unfortunately my mind will be elsewhere over the coming days/weeks.

Thanks again and I'll pick this up once I'm in the headspace.
Kai

Dannyboi3k wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:45 am
Hey guys, thanks for all the information and replies, really appreciate it. I will have to postpone this due to a passing in the family unfortunately my mind will be elsewhere over the coming days/weeks.

Sorry to hear that

Take all the time you need, markets aren't going anywhere
conduirez

Kai wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:10 am
Dannyboi3k wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:45 am

Sorry to hear that

Take all the time you need, markets aren't going anywhere
I am sorry to hear that as well, I wish you and all your family well.

Return to “General discussion”