Restrict Refresh

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

Hi,

This is a simple question, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If I have Restrict Refresh selected and the "To Seconds After Start Time" has a setting of 300 seconds, does that mean Guardian will stop working on that market after 300 seconds after the scheduled start time ?

I have Guardian Automation set up for both horse racing and football. The football trades I want guardian to place will be way after 300 seconds after the start time so I don't want Guardian to stop working on them. Similarly, I don't want to increase it from 300 seconds to say 10,000 seconds if it means that Guardian will be refreshing horse racing markets for 10,000 seconds.
Derek27

leest2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:42 am
Hi,

This is a simple question, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If I have Restrict Refresh selected and the "To Seconds After Start Time" has a setting of 300 seconds, does that mean Guardian will stop working on that market after 300 seconds after the scheduled start time ?

I have Guardian Automation set up for both horse racing and football. The football trades I want guardian to place will be way after 300 seconds after the start time so I don't want Guardian to stop working on them. Similarly, I don't want to increase it from 300 seconds to say 10,000 seconds if it means that Guardian will be refreshing horse racing markets for 10,000 seconds.
Yes, you'll need to increase the 300 seconds if you want Guardian to keep refreshing.

If you trade two sports, the simple thing to do is save two settings profiles, one could be called football, the other racing. Then you can set different settings for each one, including Guardian refresh rates, save your settings under the relevant profile, and simply load your chosen profile when you start BA or switch as neccessary.
Euler

Bet Angel AI wrote:The "Restrict Refresh" feature in Bet Angel is designed to optimize the monitoring and updating of markets, particularly when there are many events and only a few are of immediate interest. When "Restrict Refresh" is enabled, Guardian will only monitor and refresh the markets that are within a specified time window relative to the event's start time. This means that markets that are set to start soon will be updated more frequently, ensuring that the most up-to-date information is available for those events, while markets that are further away from starting will not be refreshed until they fall within the specified time window.

For example, you can set the Restricted Refresh feature to only refresh markets if the current time falls within 'ten minutes before the start time of the event' to 'five minutes after the start time of the event'. This helps to concentrate resources on the markets that are about to start, which is particularly useful for pre-race horse racing markets or other time-sensitive events where the activity increases as the start time approaches.

By focusing on the markets that are nearing their start time, Bet Angel can refresh these markets much more frequently, which is crucial for any automation strategies that need to react quickly to changing market conditions. This feature is accessible through the "Advanced Settings" tab within the Guardian module of Bet Angel.

Additionally, it's important to note that the refresh rate can be set to different intervals, from as fast as every 200ms up to 1 minute, and with streaming enabled, updates can be as fast as every 20ms. This allows for automation rules to be run against multiple markets efficiently. However, users should adjust the refresh settings according to their needs and ensure that their PC's local time is set accurately, as it is used when comparing against the event's start time.
TL;DR

Guardian cycles all markets at your preset refresh rate, but if you want it to focus on a markets in a particular time period. Use restrict refresh so that it only looks at those markets in that window.
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:27 pm
Bet Angel AI wrote:The "Restrict Refresh" feature in Bet Angel is designed to optimize the monitoring and updating of markets, particularly when there are many events and only a few are of immediate interest. When "Restrict Refresh" is enabled, Guardian will only monitor and refresh the markets that are within a specified time window relative to the event's start time. This means that markets that are set to start soon will be updated more frequently, ensuring that the most up-to-date information is available for those events, while markets that are further away from starting will not be refreshed until they fall within the specified time window.

For example, you can set the Restricted Refresh feature to only refresh markets if the current time falls within 'ten minutes before the start time of the event' to 'five minutes after the start time of the event'. This helps to concentrate resources on the markets that are about to start, which is particularly useful for pre-race horse racing markets or other time-sensitive events where the activity increases as the start time approaches.

By focusing on the markets that are nearing their start time, Bet Angel can refresh these markets much more frequently, which is crucial for any automation strategies that need to react quickly to changing market conditions. This feature is accessible through the "Advanced Settings" tab within the Guardian module of Bet Angel.

Additionally, it's important to note that the refresh rate can be set to different intervals, from as fast as every 200ms up to 1 minute, and with streaming enabled, updates can be as fast as every 20ms. This allows for automation rules to be run against multiple markets efficiently. However, users should adjust the refresh settings according to their needs and ensure that their PC's local time is set accurately, as it is used when comparing against the event's start time.
TL;DR

Guardian cycles all markets at your preset refresh rate, but if you want it to focus on a markets in a particular time period. Use restrict refresh so that it only looks at those markets in that window.
It would be very useful if you could select refresh periods on an individual basis within the rules file itself. This way you could manage refresh based on market type or even conditions of that market.

eg no matched bets + market in-play = stop refreshing this market. Would be invaluable on a busy football weekend.
leest2019

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:11 pm
leest2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:42 am
Hi,

Yes, you'll need to increase the 300 seconds if you want Guardian to keep refreshing.

If you trade two sports, the simple thing to do is save two settings profiles, one could be called football, the other racing. Then you can set different settings for each one, including Guardian refresh rates, save your settings under the relevant profile, and simply load your chosen profile when you start BA or switch as neccessary.
Can you have more than one instance of Guardian running?
Dallas

You can only have one Guardian per instance of Bet Angel running, but you can open multiple instances of Bet Angel by repeating the login process and thereby have several Guardian each with a group of markets
leest2019

I never knew that. Thanks. Makes things a lot easier.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”