Today's Cycling

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Lynskey888

henbet22 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:42 pm
Gappy though the cycling markets. Straight back/lays are fine but tricky to dump any losing positions.
Yeah, it really seems that way. I’ve been able to place closing bets (to make a trade) by offering money to the market, but you don’t know whether that will be possible - or if there’s anyone out there - when you enter the market.
sionascaig

Lynskey888 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:51 pm

Yeah, it really seems that way. I’ve been able to place closing bets (to make a trade) by offering money to the market, but you don’t know whether that will be possible - or if there’s anyone out there - when you enter the market.
Have dabbled in the TdF market on occasions.

My thoughts with these markets (that are well covered) is that there will be someone somewhere sweeping up anything of value very close to real time. i.e. in the event of a crash or a rider blowing up say, so best option, once your bets are placed, is just to monitor the market via a bot and look for price spikes - using those spikes to exit otherwise could be giving away too much value.. (and sometimes using the spikes to enter the market as there is often an over-reaction)...

Anyhow, either way it's worth looking into using automation to help monitor what is going on and sending you alerts if big moves as it can be used on other markets too.
Lynskey888

That's much more advanced than anything I'm doing just now. Really interesting, though. I'll take a note and return to the idea in the future. Thanks a lot.

Today's Dwars door Vlaanderen saw a horrible, high-speed crash with 67km to go. Pedersen, Girmay, Stuyven and race favourite Van Aert were among the riders who went down. Only Pedersen was able to remount. I won't reveal more in case anyone is waiting to watch the highlights.

The market for the race appeared very late - on the day of the event, I think. Most of the money matched was on Van Aert. I got the impression there a lots of individual backers in the market, but far fewer people doing the laying.

Van Aert broke his collarbone and several ribs in the DDV crash. He will miss the Ronde, Paris-Roubaix and Amstel Gold. Mathieu van der Poel moved to odds-on favourite for Sunday in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
Lynskey888

Is anyone trading (or watching) the Tour of the Basque Country?
henbet22

No but what happened yesterday was grim.
Lynskey888

Yeah, the consequences of that crash could have been much more serious and the GC is wide open as a result.
Lynskey888

Liege-Bastogne-Liege tomorrow, the fourth monument of 2024. Tadej Pogacar is the overwhelming favourite. This is his first race since the Volta a Catalunya on 24th March where he took the GC and four individual stages.

Pogacar has traded between an early price of 1.7 (shortly after the market opened) and a low of 1.53. There's been enthusiastic backing of the Slovenian with punters taking whatever prices have been on offer. The layers have been much cagier with about a grand's worth of back requests above 1.65 still sitting in the market. The bookies have shortened their prices on Pogacar, too.

Eurosport coverage starts at 12:30pm on Sunday.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”