Finding matches likely to have a lot of tie breaks?

Fugazi

What would be the easiest way to select matches likely to have long playing times?

I was going to check betting sites offering odds on x number of tie breaks but doesn't seem very viable as there's little market for it.

Is there a stats /prediction website perhaps? Or will I have to build my own prediction model...
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:04 pm
What would be the easiest way to select matches likely to have long playing times?

I was going to check betting sites offering odds on x number of tie breaks but doesn't seem very viable as there's little market for it.

Is there a stats /prediction website perhaps? Or will I have to build my own prediction model...
Women's matches generally have more breaks due to slower serving. The speed of the surface is also relevant. See the post below.

viewtopic.php?p=329365#p329365
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:

Are you looking for matches that have long playing times? or tie many breaks?

And do you want to bet early or late in the match?
Fugazi

Anbell wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 am
Fugazi wrote:

Either or both.

Im taking advantage of when the price jumps around a lot during rallies and after a point is awarded. The more volatile a match, and the longer the ball is in play the more likely i profit.
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:12 pm
Anbell wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:38 am
Fugazi wrote:

Either or both.

Im taking advantage of when the price jumps around a lot during rallies and after a point is awarded. The more volatile a match, and the longer the ball is in play the more likely i profit.
Yeah, you might have to do that one yourself. SOrry.
Fugazi

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:35 am
Fugazi wrote:

Women's matches generally have more breaks due to slower serving. The speed of the surface is also relevant. See the post below.

viewtopic.php?p=329365#p329365
That was a very useful thread thanks Derek

Return to “Tennis Trading”