Lay the field green up question

The sport of kings.
Ianhski

Hi,

I am new to automation and have created a simple lay the field with £10 per lay @ 1.85
It works fine but how can I add a rule to green up if the trade profit hits say £20 and indeed is this even a good idea?
I just had 2 horses match so I got a small profit but I noticed the trade profit could have given me £20.

I have started adding a rule but not sure how to set the appropriate condition

Thanks
Ian
jamesedwards

Ianhski wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:57 pm
Hi,

I am new to automation and have created a simple lay the field with £10 per lay @ 1.85
It works fine but how can I add a rule to green up if the trade profit hits say £20 and indeed is this even a good idea?
I just had 2 horses match so I got a small profit but I noticed the trade profit could have given me £20.

Thanks
Ian
There is a condition "green all profit condition" where you can set a rule to green up when greening reaches a certain threshold.

Should you do it? In the long run it will be -EV (unless you have a specific reason to believe it would be +EV to trade that way at that moment). You're effectively giving a little bit of profit back in return for the safety of a green, which might be sensible if bank management is important for you.
jamesedwards

I've just figured you're probably doing this in running?

If so then you need to understand there will be a Betfair in running delay between bets triggered and them landing into the market. For horse racing it is 1 second.

This can cause havoc with greening up because prices will move between greening trades being triggered and them hitting the market. This can lead to losing selections being greened but the winning selection not being greened if the price drops below your offer and it never comes back up to your level again.
Ianhski

Yes, it would be in running.

I tried earlier setting a lay the filed and then when I saw a positive trade, I clicked on green up and it certainly gave me a good result which made me think, surely this can be automated. OK it won't be perfect but its probably as good as me and if its automated, I can be drinking tea and eating cake! a bit like intelligent cruise control is better than me at breaking at the appropriate time 😊
Dallas

Ianhski wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:57 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Ian
This post explains how to green up to a target profit and/or loss
viewtopic.php?t=11488

Return to “Trading Horse racing”