Betdaq Feedback/General Chat Thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Betdaq

TheDane wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:51 pm
Hi Enda.

Are there any future plans of being able to open up in Denmark eg. as an alternative to Betfair.
Betdaq was present here once but. There are so many bookmakers but only one exchange (=Betfair).

Best regards
Claus
Regretfully we have no immediate plans to look at the Danish market.
Betdaq

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:31 pm
Thanks for posting. A excellent idea, and you'll get some useful feedback from the traders here.

My first thought is you need to invest in Bet Angel to bring the Bet Angel for Betdaq version of the software up to date. It's been neglected for years due to underinvestment and functionality has been left far behind the Betfair version.

eg support for TPD would be huge for me.
I think Peter is better placed to answer this. Peter has invested in Betdaq work for Bet Angel in the past but there was never a big uptake when the work was done.

Peter was able to trade Cheltenham and Aintree using Betdaq and Betfair. I think you're correct that there is work that could be done but Peter would need to see the community beginning to engage more with Betdaq on Bet Angel before that could be considered. I am willing to do everything I can to encoruage this from a Betdaq point of view. We hear everyone say they want an alternative to Betfair and we are trying to provide that. I understand we cannot get a customers full wallet share instantly but if people start using us for some of their betting then momentum will grow.

We have an ecosystem with lots of market makers along with a reasonable amount of retail custom and on course bookmakers. The two big segments that we are missing are matched bettors and trading tool users. I have engaged with the matched betting community since December and we are starting to see a flow of their volume moving to Betdaq. This was my first task as I had managed this segment in my previous role. My next challenge is trading tool users and I will admit that I do not have a lot of experience with trading tool users. I am lucky enough that I do have a lot of expertise within Betdaq to help me with this.

Edit: I still think it is worth highlighting improvements as I can keep track of them.
jamesedwards

Betdaq wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Thanks for posting. A excellent idea, and you'll get some useful feedback from the traders here.

My first thought is you need to invest in Bet Angel to bring the Bet Angel for Betdaq version of the software up to date. It's been neglected for years due to underinvestment and functionality has been left far behind the Betfair version.

I think Peter is better placed to answer this. Peter has invested in Betdaq work for Bet Angel in the past but there was never a big uptake when the work was done.

Peter was able to trade Cheltenham and Aintree using Betdaq and Betfair. I think you're correct that there is work that could be done but Peter would need to see the community beginning to engage more with Betdaq on Bet Angel before that could be considered. I am willing to do everything I can to encoruage this from a Betdaq point of view. We hear everyone say they want an alternative to Betfair and we are trying to provide that. I understand we cannot get a customers full wallet share instantly but if people start using us for some of their betting then momentum will grow.

We have an ecosystem with lots of market makers along with a reasonable amount of retail custom and on course bookmakers. The two big segments that we are missing are matched bettors and trading tool users. I have engaged with the matched betting community since December and we are starting to see a flow of their volume moving to Betdaq. This was my first task as I had managed this segment in my previous role. My next challenge is trading tool users and I will admit that I do not have a lot of experience with trading tool users. I am lucky enough that I do have a lot of expertise within Betdaq to help me with this.

Edit: I still think it is worth highlighting improvements as I can keep track of them.
Difficult, because it's very much chicken and egg. Trading tool users can't use Betdaq without the best tools, and Betdaq can't invest in the best tools without trading tool users.

How about Betdaq pick one segment of automated trading and invest in that? I can't think of a better example of a growing automation market than TPD. I trade £m's per year through Bet Angel, of which a good proportion is triggered automatically using TPD data. But currently 100% of it is on Betfair because Bet Angel for Betdaq doesn't carry the necessary functionality.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:08 pm
Betdaq wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:48 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Difficult, because it's very much chicken and egg. Trading tool users can't use Betdaq without the best tools, and Betdaq can't invest in the best tools without trading tool users.

How about Betdaq pick one segment of automated trading and invest in that? I can't think of a better example of a growing automation market than TPD. I trade £m's per year through Bet Angel, of which a good proportion is triggered automatically using TPD data. But currently 100% of it is on Betfair because Bet Angel for Betdaq doesn't carry the necessary functionality.
I couldn't agree more! What an excellent idea!
sionascaig

If you are looking to increase volume through users on here how does commission rates work for higher users. Its a bit vague on the customer service site what rates will apply to "profitable" customers?

".... we reserve the right to apply different rates to accounts in other customer categories which may include the following customer groups: commercial customers including licensed bookmakers, certain profitable customers and customers with heavy usage of the exchange such as, but not limited to, API customers..."

Not expecting you to give details of commercially sensitive information but it would be good to know what ballpark we are talking about and level of participation to trigger higher rates.
jimibt

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm
If you are looking to increase volume through users on here how does commission rates work for higher users. Its a bit vague on the customer service site what rates will apply to "profitable" customers?

".... we reserve the right to apply different rates to accounts in other customer categories which may include the following customer groups: commercial customers including licensed bookmakers, certain profitable customers and customers with heavy usage of the exchange such as, but not limited to, API customers..."

Not expecting you to give details of commercially sensitive information but it would be good to know what ballpark we are talking about and level of participation to trigger higher rates.
yup -i think this would be a clincher, especially if commission was applied net per market, rather than implied.
lotora

From ChatGPT, please confirm!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Great to see your engagement with the community and you understand the English language unlike 'Customer Service' at some
other joints.

I will try push more liquidity thru.
Wonkydonkey

I use Betdaq daily, so it would be great to be able to make more use of Bet Angel automation there. Unfortunately the lack of liquidity is a barrier, in my matched betting days I would be looking for extra place prices from the evening prior and would struggle to use the Betdaq market.

I am very much a trading beginner so lack the experience and bank of most here. The only gripes I have would be that I find Betdaq is very slow to settle markets in comparison to Betfair, and slow to unsuspend races when horses have been withdrawn. A faster refresh rate would be fab too, I don't have the tech know how to say if that is down to Betdaq though! You never tell me when I've received a free bet either, I discovered a collection of expired bets recently :oops: , I know I could be much more aware in this area but a pop-up or text would be appreciated!

It is really good to see an exchange engaging with the community though, hopefully Bet Angel and Betdaq can work together.
Betdaq

[/quote]

This is something that we would love to investigate but I would assume it would need investment from Peter which might be a blocker.
jimibt

Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:10 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:08 pm

This is something that we would love to investigate but I would assume it would need investment from Peter which might be a blocker.
maybe an agreement ($$) on jointly extending the basics, based on the requirements of a user poll. Obviously, TPD seems a big one and I'd say that exposing the BA api would also be a good shout (tho less pressing than bringing the rules engine into alignment on both). my 2c
sionascaig

jimibt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 am
Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:10 am

maybe an agreement ($$) on jointly extending the basics, based on the requirements of a user poll. Obviously, TPD seems a big one and I'd say that exposing the BA api would also be a good shout (tho less pressing than bringing the rules engine into alignment on both). my 2c
I'm with jimibt on this one and personally don't mind paying a bit more for greater functionality / access to Betdaq through BA...

However, there are also setup costs, overheads, etc associated with trading on Betdaq for traders and, as I'm assure you are aware, the margins from deploying automation are very sensitive to the commission structure imposed.

In order to make a decision on whether to invest time, effort & capital on Betdaq, really need to know whether a premium charge will be imposed at outset, what that level will be & how it will be calculated?

That said, great to see you engaging with community - good initiative )

edit - Just noticed your point above re Market Makers on Betdaq... It may be worth pointing out that the larger traders on here may well in effect be competing directly with the market makers if this initiative takes off.
Last edited by sionascaig on Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Betdaq

lotora wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm
From ChatGPT, please confirm!
That is not accurate.
gstar1975

Betdaq wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 am
Morning Enda, I fall into this category as I haven't used BetDaq before.
Graham Smith
[/quote]

Do you have an inactive account? If so drop me a DM with your name or username. If not then just sign up via this - https://www.betdaq.com/exchange?promo=0COMM100#join

You can DM me to check that it is ok aswell.
[/quote]

Hi Enda

Can you guarantee when every Betfair customer migrates to Betdaq that Betdaq won't introduce any kind of Premium Charge? What is the current status on PC at Betdaq?
jimibt

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
Hi Enda

Can you guarantee when every Betfair customer migrates to Betdaq that Betdaq won't introduce any kind of Premium Charge? What is the current status on PC at Betdaq?
i'd say it's more a case of *can you detail the commission structure* on betdaq. this will be the 1st hurdle that folks need to navigate and understand. it's all very well providing liquidity (and a great idea in general), but if it offers no real advantages over BF, then it's not going anywhere.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”