Automatically Place Bets Provided From A Tipster Service Via Telegram Messenger?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
andywilliamsg3bf

Hello,

I'm signed up to services which provide betting selections for Greyhounds, Horse Racing and Tennis. Which dog/horse/player to place a bet on (back or lay or tennis set betting) is provided by Telegram Messager and also email in the mornings around 10-11am and sometimes additional ones are provided at randon throughout the day.

EG. A Greyhound selection.

12:54 Nottingham Trap 6 Happygolucky
Place a lay bet (odds under 20.0)

Trouble is I'm working full time 9-5 and so I'm not able to always monitor Telegram and manually place the bets.

Is there a way that I can automate BetAngel to continually monitor and pull in each selection from Telegram or email (perhaps by the telegram or email being imported first into an Excel spreadsheet, that's continually monitored by BetAngel) and BetAngel automatically place the required bet on the specified selection?

It feels like it should/could be doable, but I'm not sure how?

Thanks.
Fugazi

Certainly doable but to my mind :

Machine learning script that can detect when a tip is posted on desktop telegram

Script then locates this on bet angel

Script controls a program which mouse clicks the event and automation file.

This would all be a hell of a set up and lots of issues /bugs. Time would be better spent building your own prediction model than doing that.

Im sure theres a much easier way mind.
sniffer66

Fugazi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 pm

Machine learning script that can detect when a tip is posted on desktop telegram

This would all be a hell of a set up and lots of issues /bugs. Time would be better spent building your own prediction model than doing that.

I'd go for :

a) CSV Import file for BA, populated by same script that polls Telegram, with events and baf file already loaded, just sets Selection Name or
b) BA API , get selection and place entry

a) would be simpler and would work pretty well - I've done this quite a lot

One caveat is that the Telegram API didnt allow for getting data via a bot\group when I last used it, so that might be a sticking point, if its not a straight user account
Fugazi

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:20 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 pm

I'd go for :

a) CSV Import file for BA, populated by same script that polls Telegram, with events and baf file already loaded, just sets Selection Name or
b) BA API , get selection and place entry

a) would be simpler and would work pretty well - I've done this quite a lot

One caveat is that the Telegram API didnt allow for getting data via a bot\group when I last used it, so that might be a sticking point, if its not a straight user account
Yeah was thinking there must be an easier way.. way too advanced for my skills hah. Halfway through a Udemy course.
jamesedwards

Just a pessimistic health warning... It's 99% guaranteed that this won't make money in the long run, most likely because your average achieved price will be below those advised and below those used to calculate their profit claims.
Hepburn

Its not that likely that someone dishing out tips is making any real money. I mean who would want to waste their time?

Zapier Email Parser to CSV or something similar is probably the route I would try.
Fugazi

Hepburn wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:53 pm
Its not that likely that someone dishing out tips is making any real money. I mean who would want to waste their time?

Zapier Email Parser to CSV or something similar is probably the route I would try.
I disagree.

If you are gubbed at the bookies you could make money from offering a paid tip service 💁

However, some random Telegram service? Nah. No way.
Hepburn

Fugazi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm
Hepburn wrote:

I disagree.

If you are gubbed at the bookies you could make money from offering a paid tip service 💁

Why would they be on the bookies at those prices?
conduirez

Each to their own about using a tipping service, evidently some tipster at Attheraces evidently made a good profit last year. But I hasten to add I would not use a tipping service myself.

Back to the OP's question, this may help a little.

I use email to send csv attachments to my computer when I am away from home, with specific instructions for the days trading, my other software on my trading computer will check the specific folder to see if there is a new csv file in there. Additionally the good thing is that you can see immediately if the email has been received from the device you sent it on.

I do not know how old your outlook is or if you use outlook but if you do this article should help.

https://robots.net/how-to-guide/how-to- ... matically/
Fugazi

Hepburn wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:36 am
Fugazi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm
Hepburn wrote:

I disagree.

Why would they be on the bookies at those prices?
Because bookies are sometimes wrong / havent updated prices quickly enough

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”