Betdaq Feedback/General Chat Thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Betdaq

megarain wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:11 pm
Great to see your engagement with the community and you understand the English language unlike 'Customer Service' at some
other joints.

I will try push more liquidity thru.
I come from a small town in Ireland so if you met me you might question my grasp of the english language :lol:
Betdaq

Wonkydonkey wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 am
I use Betdaq daily, so it would be great to be able to make more use of Bet Angel automation there. Unfortunately the lack of liquidity is a barrier, in my matched betting days I would be looking for extra place prices from the evening prior and would struggle to use the Betdaq market.

I am very much a trading beginner so lack the experience and bank of most here. The only gripes I have would be that I find Betdaq is very slow to settle markets in comparison to Betfair, and slow to unsuspend races when horses have been withdrawn. A faster refresh rate would be fab too, I don't have the tech know how to say if that is down to Betdaq though! You never tell me when I've received a free bet either, I discovered a collection of expired bets recently :oops: , I know I could be much more aware in this area but a pop-up or text would be appreciated!

It is really good to see an exchange engaging with the community though, hopefully Bet Angel and Betdaq can work together.
I guess we struggle to compete for matched bettor volume in early markets market makers and trading users will probably not want to let money sitting up that early to be picked off. It is easy for the Smarkets Model to do this with a closed ecosystem where they can pick and choose who they leave play and APIs not welcome.

In terms of settling markets we use the same tech as the other exchanges so I would need to see why this is. Withdrawn horses is a bit of an issue and something that I am looking at currently.

In terms of free bets. I would say that I am not a big fan of them on the exchange. It is not something I would focus on. We make £0.75 in revenue for each £100 bet. Throwing around free bets is not smart at those margins.
Betdaq

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am
jimibt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 am
Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:10 am

This is something that we would love to investigate but I would assume it would need investment from Peter which might be a blocker.
maybe an agreement ($$) on jointly extending the basics, based on the requirements of a user poll. Obviously, TPD seems a big one and I'd say that exposing the BA api would also be a good shout (tho less pressing than bringing the rules engine into alignment on both). my 2c
I'm with jimibt on this one and personally don't mind paying a bit more for greater functionality / access to Betdaq through BA...

However, there are also setup costs, overheads, etc associated with trading on Betdaq for traders and, as I'm assure you are aware, the margins from deploying automation are very sensitive to the commission structure imposed.

In order to make a decision on whether to invest time, effort & capital on Betdaq, really need to know whether a premium charge will be imposed at outset, what that level will be & how it will be calculated?

That said, great to see you engaging with community - good initiative )

edit - Just noticed your point above re Market Makers on Betdaq... It may be worth pointing out that the larger traders on here may well in effect be competing directly with the market makers if this initiative takes off.
Just on competiting with market makers comment. These are market makers and not internal trading teams. Jason Trost openly talks about Hanson and this is not what I am talking about. These market makers are all on betfair already so you are already playing with them. Our ecosystem operates the same way as Betfair. We just need you guys and some other segments to come join the party.
Hepburn

A guardian upgrade would be good. Not all singing and dancing, just so we can select horses with ease.
ANGELS15

Hi Enda

I have used Betdaq since it first started and can confirm that it is slow in settling markets compared to Betfair and other bookmakers.

Perhaps try it out yourself? Place a few identical £1 bets on Betfair and your site and if one of them wins see which settles first. I do believe there has been recent marginal improvement in that on rare occasions some markets have settled quickly.

I use the app a lot and for a long time there were many issues with it but it has improved somewhat. There remain a couple of minor things that need looking at on the app.

Firstly when you look at your unmatched bets there is no option to cancel them all like you have on Betfair. Even to cancel one you have to click on it to open it and then cancel it. So it can be time consuming if you have several bets to cancel.

The other thing is that if you're using the app and you have to switch to another application on your phone the Betdaq app will lose internet connection and when you return to it you may have to wait several seconds for it to re-connect. This is unusual as none of the other betting apps does this.

Hopefully more people will use the site and liquidity will improve.
Betdaq

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am
Hi Enda

I have used Betdaq since it first started and can confirm that it is slow in settling markets compared to Betfair and other bookmakers.

Perhaps try it out yourself? Place a few identical £1 bets on Betfair and your site and if one of them wins see which settles first. I do believe there has been recent marginal improvement in that on rare occasions some markets have settled quickly.

I use the app a lot and for a long time there were many issues with it but it has improved somewhat. There remain a couple of minor things that need looking at on the app.

Firstly when you look at your unmatched bets there is no option to cancel them all like you have on Betfair. Even to cancel one you have to click on it to open it and then cancel it. So it can be time consuming if you have several bets to cancel.

The other thing is that if you're using the app and you have to switch to another application on your phone the Betdaq app will lose internet connection and when you return to it you may have to wait several seconds for it to re-connect. This is unusual as none of the other betting apps does this.

I guess my first question is are the slow settlements horse racing? This is all automated so it should be an easy fix.

In terms of the app feedback please let me take that away.

Thanks
conduirez

Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am
ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am
Hi Enda

I guess my first question is are the slow settlements horse racing? This is all automated so it should be an easy fix.

In terms of the app feedback please let me take that away.

Thanks
I would go further with the app.

We have options such as cancel, keep, take XSP ect when placing a bet, so in addition to helping trader's with unmatched bets. Make an option available when you place bets on an in-play market, to cancel the whole, or partial amount of all unmatched or pending bets automatically at the next Market Suspension.
lotora

lotora wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:58 pm
From ChatGPT, please confirm!
From which countries does Betdaq accept customers?
Betdaq

lotora wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm
lotora wrote:
UK and Ireland mainly although we may have some other countries on the registration. I am happy to check if you let me know where you are based.
Kai

lotora wrote:
lotora wrote:
Thailand's on there : https://betdaq.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/art ... tries-list

The list was very small a couple years ago
Betdaq

Just FYI I wrote a response earlier about PC but it seems to have gotten lost before I clicked post. I will take some time this evening and give a response on PC.
Betdaq

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:35 pm
lotora wrote:
lotora wrote:

We do not accept customers from Thailand.
ANGELS15

Hi Enda

The slow settlement of bets is on horse racing both domestic and foreign. With Betfair if you have a bet on US racing it is settled within 3 or 4 minutes of the result becoming official. With Betdaq I've often waited more than 15 minutes for settlement after the result being declared official.
Betdaq

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm
Hi Enda

The slow settlement of bets is on horse racing both domestic and foreign. With Betfair if you have a bet on US racing it is settled within 3 or 4 minutes of the result becoming official. With Betdaq I've often waited more than 15 minutes for settlement after the result being declared official.
These are hopefully easier problems to solve. Il try and get an analysis done.
Kai

Betdaq wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:53 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:35 pm
lotora wrote:

We do not accept customers from Thailand.
Why is this country list being actively updated if it's not accurate?

Can you provide a full country list?

Return to “Betdaq exchange”