Percentage of Net Stake

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
leest2019

On a lay bet, when using "Percent of Net Stake" in parameters tab next to "Stake", is amount that will be bet based on the liability or the actual stake (I'm guessing it's the stake)?

1st rule, I've set it to place a £5 lay bet at odds of 4.0. My liability is £15.

2nd rule I've set it to place a back bet. On this rule, I've selected 10% next to ""Percent of Net Stake". Will it place a back bet of £1.5 (based on the liability in rule one) or £0.50 (based on the stake in rule one)?
Derek27

leest2019 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am
On a lay bet, when using "Percent of Net Stake" in parameters tab next to "Stake", is amount that will be bet based on the liability or the actual stake (I'm guessing it's the stake)?

1st rule, I've set it to place a £5 lay bet at odds of 4.0. My liability is £15.

2nd rule I've set it to place a back bet. On this rule, I've selected 10% next to ""Percent of Net Stake". Will it place a back bet of £1.5 (based on the liability in rule one) or £0.50 (based on the stake in rule one)?
If I remember correctly, it's the difference between back stake and net stake, not liability. But it is never negative. That is, £15 back stake / £10 lay stake or £10 back stake / £15 lay stake will both result in a net stake of £5.
leest2019

Thanks for the reply. Think I've read that somewhere on the forum or user guide, but I haven't got a difference between the back and net stake. All I've done is on the first rule place a lay bet of £5 @ 4.0 (liability £15). I've not placed a back bet yet. The next rule I've set is asking it to place a back bet and selected 10% of the net stake.

So what would the stake be based on the above?
jtrader

leest2019 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am
Thanks for the reply. Think I've read that somewhere on the forum or user guide, but I haven't got a difference between the back and net stake. All I've done is on the first rule place a lay bet of £5 @ 4.0 (liability £15). I've not placed a back bet yet. The next rule I've set is asking it to place a back bet and selected 10% of the net stake.

Your back bet should be £0.5 if you're selected 10% of net stake.But if you have other matched bets on that selection your net stake is calculated as said Derek27 :
Net Stake = The amount of all Back bets on selection - The amount of all Lay bets on the selection
Last edited by jtrader on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

leest2019 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

Once the lay bet is matched, your net stake would be £5, and your back bet would be £0.50 (10%).
leest2019

That's great. Makes sense. Obviously, like you say, any other bets would contribute towards a net stake so it's something to be mindful of.
weemac

Bear in mind that it's dynamic, so every bet after the first (if you're doing it in instalments) becomes ever smaller. That can leave you a bit lop-sided.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”