Bet Angel on a Mac

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Eugenemolloy

Hi Lads and Lassies,

As a newcomer to the forum and still an inexperienced trainer, I don't have much to offer, except perhaps on this subject. I have a couple of programs that need to run under Windows my Mac PC and have done so successfully and faultlessly for some time.

The best answer is IMO to use the Bootcamp fixture already inside the Mac OS. All you need to progress is a copy of Windows (I use Win 10) downloaded from Microsoft's website. No need to purchase or load any VM type software at all. Bootcamp makes a new partition on your hard drive; you'll need about 150 Meg which you select as Bootcamp does its thing. It then loads the MS operating system into that space, and that's you done.

On booting up the Mac you select which OS you want to use and away you go. with a clean fault free, stand alone installation, with no glitches or speed reductions.

Initially you don't even have to buy a key for Win 10, it will work quite happily without one. I purchased mine for about £10 off Ebay.

Eugene
satoshi-pl

Hi guys! We are in 2024 now...
We recommend using virtual machine software like Parallels to run Windows software on a Mac. If you have an Intel Mac, you can get the best performance by installing Windows in Boot Camp. You can also use Wine via Wineskin or CrossOver Mac, or access Windows software via a remote desktop solution.
Can I use any of these to run BetAngel on my Mac? Any recommendations and experiences?

Cheers

PS. Getting my first Mac ever, that's why I am asking.
Euler

Our recommendations are here: -

https://www.betangel.com/apple/

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”